Intel Ad Says Tech Geeks are Rock Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is having an Intel Inside sticker like drinking from a Starbucks cup or driving a Ferrari? Are you basically trying to say "Look at the shiny and over-priced things I buy and not my tiny genitalia!"?

I mean seriously, geeks already have over-inflated, yet undeserved egos, Intel doesn't need to encourage us, err... them anymore. Sorry, but your Core i7 965 Extreme w/ 12GB memory and Quad-SLI isn't going to impress the ladies anymore than an AMD.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Sorry, but your Core i7 965 Extreme w/ 12GB memory and Quad-SLI isn't going to impress the ladies anymore than an AMD.[/citation]

True. In fact it won't impress most people, geek or not. You're just saying, "Hey, look at the shitiest $3,000 "investment" I ever made. It'll be worth 1/2 in a year!"

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Intel has launched its new ad campaign, demonstrating what many of us already knew – that we’re all rock stars.Intel Ad Says Tech Geeks are Rock Stars : Read more[/citation]
WTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]WTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.[/citation]

Hey dumbass...Marcus wrote the article.
And if you payed attention you will notice that all the comment sections are working this way now (why, I do not know) but the first post always appears to be the sub-headline blurb that is written.

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Dax Corrin :

WTF Marcus... you proud of just rehashing what's in the headline just so you can get first post? Go away, loser, you suck almost as much as DemonHorde 665.

Hey dumbass...Marcus wrote the article.
And if you payed attention you will notice that all the comment sections are working this way now (why, I do not know) but the first post always appears to be the sub-headline blurb that is written.

rofl

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
"Ajay Bhatt"

Personal hero of mine. USB saved the world from what could of been a mess of proprietary connectors, that would've easily stopped the tech boom.

This commercial = win.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]I'm a tech geek but I seem to be missing the groupies. I think I will sue Intel for false advertisement and mental anguish.[/citation]

Umm, invent a major part of the modern PC industry and we'll talk...

Frodaddy6

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
If women were like computers, I'd have all the fine chicks. Also I would get the best of both worlds: Internet pron and hot women.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I really liked the ad. And being married to a gamer wife I can tell you honestly that big high res screens and fluid gaming matter to her just as much as any of us. Don't confuse gender with hobbies. ;)

Smart women (usually) want a partner they can talk with at an elevated level about things important in their lives. You can only have sex for so many hours before you rub the skin pretty damn raw, even using excessive lube. And if you accidentally take it that far it can be well over a week before things recover decently. By comparison good conversation and gaming lasts much longer. And being super happy about the person you're with makes the bedroom more enjoyable anyway. Plus its not like you suddenly stop being creative when you walk through the bedroom door.

Additionally its the "geeks" in my age group that seem more likely to still be in good shape and take care of themselves.

I really don't think I could handle having a non geek wife.

Yeah...ummm back to your regular programming.

wkcar

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
hehe good commercial, I definitely chuckled a bit. I think Apple/Microsoft need to hire Intel's Advertising people instead of resorting to childish bantering.

verecky

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Please note that the person playing Ajay Bhatt is actually an actor. Intel's marketing team chose to have all of their upcoming "Sponsors of Tomorrow" campaign spotlight their actual people with actors.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]scryer_360[/nom]"Ajay Bhatt"Personal hero of mine. USB saved the world from what could of been a mess of proprietary connectors, that would've easily stopped the tech boom.This commercial = win.[/citation]

Now if we could get all the MP3/4 Player manufactures and Cell Phones to all conform to USB then we could be getting some where. Seriously all we would need to do is put a USB on all new car stereos and everything would instantly work (with the correct drivers of corse) but hell they all have to use their own propriatary crap.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]B-Unit[/nom]Umm, invent a major part of the modern PC industry and we'll talk...[/citation]

Let's see. Create a mainstream industry standard used in today's and the future's technology OR start a frivolous lawsuit. Lawsuit would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.