Intel & AMD Processor Hierarchy (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahr

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
I noticed there's AM1 Sempron 2650, but his big brother Athlon 5350 and 5150 is nowhere to be found. I wonder where they will fit in the hierarchy.
Also, how about those motherboard with onboard CPU such as Intel Celeron 3150 or 1037u? And lately, i've seen Biostar motherboard with an AMD A10-5745M. How they fare against older CPU.

Pompompaihn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I don't believe where a CPU lands within it's bracket is always as indicative of it's performance, the brackets themselves are supposed to be "Get something here and you're solid"

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Each bracket groups processors with broadly similar performance. Within each bracket, processors are listed in inverted alpha-numeric order, not by any kind of performance metric. I can't believe that this needs pointing out.

Fahme_

Prominent
May 17, 2017
idon't believe where a CPU lands within it's bracket is always as indicative of it's performance, the brackets themselves are supposed to be "Get something here and you're solid"

rsquared

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
"For that, we recommend you check out our CPU Performance Charts." You mean the charts last updated in 2015? Yeah, those will be super helpful.

TylerPlayz70

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Even if these are out of order, the intel processors have always been better. They are more expensive because of the quality. The quality is very high and the processors have better cooling. The quality, like I said affects how the processor runs. Cooling is very good on most i7s.

mdivyakanth

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I found this CPU Hierarchy to be very helpful. It would be so more detail if the product lunch date is mentioned (just year is should be helpful ). hope it made sense.

billygunn0812

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Also the 7700k sucks vs even a 1600 with multi tasking workloads. Obviously it wins gaming wise, but still this proves my statement... the chart isn't really a good show of "what is best"

toobzman

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Absolutely gutted and really pointless chart. It has no overclock results for either Intel or AMD. As we all know, an overclock can raise a cpu's performance quite a bit. Since there is no overclocked results mentioned, a non K Intel cpu fares better then they would in reality. After all, what is the point of including a non k cpu along side a K cpu without the overclocking results. After all, that IS why someone buys a K CPU. Therefore, any chart that has both locked and unlocked cpu's together, HAS to HAVE an overclocked stat. Without those , the chart is pointless and truly only for the newbie, and definitely not for any enthusiast ...

toobzman

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Frankly, this chart is so incomplete, it smacks of carelessness, or laziness. Why bother posting such a limited chart ? I read that you don't have access to every cpu, well then if that is the case, why are you doing this at all ? Makes me wonder why I subscribe here. Perhaps my estimation of this sites prowess is greatly overrated.

dmoros78v

Honorable
Oct 31, 2017
My Core i7 920 still rocks, Can edit 1080p h264 video on Adobe Premiere (Mercury Engine FTW) can play the latest games still even flawless Dolphin Emulation on 1080p and 100% speed... Im amazed at how long this little fellow has lasted for me.

PD: I will never believe a Core i3 2100 beats a quad core with hyper threading i7 920, but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.