Question Intel AX200 (Fenvi AX3000) does not work, does not show up in device manager

TokyoSushiLlama

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020
I used a AX200 WiFi&Bluetooth Card, then switched to a Fenvi T919 for a hackintosh build.
Long story short, I skipped this idea and took out the T919 and put my old AX200 back in.

WiFi didn't work. Bluetooth does, but WiFi won't.
I reset the network settings, unisntalled every hidden network device, but no luck.

Since fenvi's website is down, I downloaded the 2210 AX200 driver straight from Intel. It does install succesfully (somehow very fast, like it's already installed) but the wifi card does not appear in device manager.

Please help me, this is driving me crazy :(

TokyoSushiLlama

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020
Could it be BIOS settings? I use a MSI B450 Mortar, should have stated i have two m.2 SSDs isntalled...
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/dfvnbe/will_m2_ssd_disable_my_one_of_my_4_sata_port/

TLDR: Your SATA ports will not be disabled if you use either or both M.2 slots.
The first (top) M.2 does not have any downsides. It is PCI-E Gen 3 x4 and is connected directly to the CPU (instead of going through the chipset). Unless you have a PCI-E Gen 4 drive (quite expensive right now) and an X570 board (also pretty expensive) that is as good as it gets!
The second (bottom) M.2 does have a few downsides:

1. Using it will disable the bottom PCI-E slot
  2. It is only PCI-E Gen 2 x4 (so it's a bit slower than the top one).
  3. It goes through the chipset to get to the CPU. This means that it would share bandwidth with the SATA ports and most of the PCI-E slots (all except the top one). So using it may make communication with your SATA drives a bit slower, but they will all still work.
Source: AM4-socket MOTHERBOARD COMPARISON | Google Sheets (this is a compilation of the information for AM4 socket motherboards and is extremely useful for things like this)

No way to use both M.2s and the bottom PCIe Port?

Oct 2, 2022
Could it be BIOS settings? I use a MSI B450 Mortar, should have stated i have two m.2 SSDs isntalled...
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/dfvnbe/will_m2_ssd_disable_my_one_of_my_4_sata_port/

TLDR: Your SATA ports will not be disabled if you use either or both M.2 slots.
The first (top) M.2 does not have any downsides. It is PCI-E Gen 3 x4 and is connected directly to the CPU (instead of going through the chipset). Unless you have a PCI-E Gen 4 drive (quite expensive right now) and an X570 board (also pretty expensive) that is as good as it gets!
The second (bottom) M.2 does have a few downsides:

1. Using it will disable the bottom PCI-E slot
  2. It is only PCI-E Gen 2 x4 (so it's a bit slower than the top one).
  3. It goes through the chipset to get to the CPU. This means that it would share bandwidth with the SATA ports and most of the PCI-E slots (all except the top one). So using it may make communication with your SATA drives a bit slower, but they will all still work.
Source: AM4-socket MOTHERBOARD COMPARISON | Google Sheets (this is a compilation of the information for AM4 socket motherboards and is extremely useful for things like this)

No way to use both M.2s and the bottom PCIe Port?
I had same problem (AX200 not detected) with a B55- Plus mb. Had to switch card over and use full size PCIe slot -- then works like champ.
Using second NVMe slot (#2, lower) also disables 2 SATA ports.