News Intel Beefs Up 10th Generation Comet Lake-S Celeron CPUs

The Intel Celeron G5925 and G5905 processors have started showing up at overseas retailers.

Intel Beefs Up 10th Generation Comet Lake-S Celeron CPUs : Read more
Intel's Celeron processors typically have two CPU cores without Hyper-Threading and run at a static clock speed.
They do not run at a static clock,they do have speedstep just like any intel CPU from the last..decade, maybe?!
Lack of turbo/boost does not equal static clocks.

Also with the price of the G6400 which has HT these are a hard sale except for money pinching big business that are buying tons of CPUs at once.

chaz_music

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Also with the price of the G6400 which has HT these are a hard sale except for money pinching big business that are buying tons of CPUs at once.

These are probably more aimed at the NAS/DAS market, but the G4600 specs that you pointed out are either better or identical. These Celerons are cheaper and miss the HT, so maybe they are mainly for lower end NAS/DAS products. If they continued their previous feature sets for these CPUs, they have ECC memory support, making them ideal for a NAS or DAS. They have the same video, so that is also par. So think about a NAS that costs MSRP ~$200-500 range.

With the number of PCIe 3.0 lanes, there is plenty of lanes for SATA controllers and even a properly supported 10Gbe controller. I also noticed some other relevant NAS specs for both the G4600 and these Celerons such as faster memory and larger cache size vs older Celerons and Pentiums in this market space. This means that these will speed up ZFS or ReFS file system transactions.

I guess is the only thig they could make, since launching a 2 core / 4 thread would have killed part of the Core i3 market (all those "budget" still very decent performance office PC).
It would kill the pentium market since those are the ones with 2/4 although keeping the celerons at lower clocks would be enough of a difference to not kill any sales.