News Intel Cancels Xe-HP GPUs for Commercial Datacenters

rtoaht

Reputable
Jun 5, 2020
It was always supposed to be a software development vehicle and stop gap for Ponte Vecchio. So not really cancelled. Now that Ponte Vecchio is performing better than expected there is no need for this.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Yes, the real aim is ponte vecchio. Now intel even claim to be able to deliver a yottaflop supercomputer by 2027!! Thats 1000x faster than what we have today (1 exaflop is rare)... 6yrs is very small gap. Took us 10yrs to get from 1peta to 1exa.

Oct 31, 2021
1.) I have followed INTEL and AMD since I was a little kid back around 1990-1993 and this will be failure number 2 or 3. It seems to be a curse with INTEL trying to make GPU's.

2.) I never really liked Raja when he started first at AMD's GPU team. I don't know why people over hype him, he's smart not special like Lisa Su. He's just over hyped and over paid for what he can dish out.

3.) Look at comment number one, INTEL needs to find a priest and maybe some holy water and lift this curse ;-)

Last edited:

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
Ponte Vecchio compute tile and Xe-HPG are both built at tsmc. Looks like Xe-HPG architecture will get expanded to 4 tiles, which would include the ray tracing. Frees up more Intel-7 capacity for Sapphire Rapids and Alder Lake. Intel already has Meteor Lake compute tile on Intel-4, but I haven't seen an announcement for its GPU tile.

Nov 6, 2021
I suggest you to before use Intel Cancels Xe-HP GPUs first check the review about it. i suggest you to use LGA 1150 CPU Fastest, Mid Range, Flagship Generation, if you check review visit site.
Click Here.