Intel CES 2019 Keynote Live Coverage

s1mon7

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
"Announces" is a big word. They are disclosing a product that will come out in almost a year from now. They are doing so to make sure that people remember that Intel exists when AMD launches Zen 2 in just two days, making sure they have it in the corners of their minds that Intel will have something new as well at some point not that long into the future as well. Even if it's not anytime soon and there's nothing even suggesting there will be any gains in the desktop space.

I wouldn't say that's low, but also there was nothing worth covering there yet. So far the presentation even reinforced our beliefs that this seems like their process is mobile-focused as well, as no IPC or clock speed gains were even mentioned. If they had something worthwhile, they would make their promises to prevent people from jumping on Zen 2 in just two days, but it seemed to me like they know that they can't. For now I'd ignore this as the usual 10nm talk, consider this an announcement of additional Coffee Lake 14nm chips and focus on the actual AMD announcement.

Dec 6, 2018
Was the 10nm chip functional? Completely functional? I don't have much confidence in it without a demo so we can see it works.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
They are in reaction mode and all their moves right now look like pump fakes. The more they talk, the more harm they do.

Let AMD do their damage. Take the blows, and then recover later when you have an actual, existing, able-to-fab-on-mass scale chip. Till then, every Intel "announcement" gets more pathetic and annoying. The boy who cried 10nm.

Dec 22, 2018
The only thing I'd like to see with Intel involved is their being competed against by multiple companies. Not just AMD. Monopolies are bad for us as consumers.

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
AMD stock went up 8.26% on the NYSE today. Need anyone say anything else?
I guess you could say Intel CPUs are expected to be roughly equivalent to AMD CPUs?
AMD will continue to chip away at Intel's market share.

SteveRNG

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015

Wait... what? Are you assuming the rumor is true? Or are mistaking Mobile Ryzen 3000 (using Zen+) for rumored Zen 2 desktop Ryzen 3000?

TRENDING THREADS