News Intel class action lawsuit investigation begins for the company's CPU crashing and instability issues

Mattzun

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
There are already companies publicly stating that they had multiple RMAs rejected.
It won’t be hard to find a fair number of improperly rejected RMAs that have good documentation that the CPU was bad

Discovery could be interesting.
I wonder if intel has been paying off Dell etc to compensate for excessive numbers of CPU failures

YSCCC

Prominent
Dec 10, 2022
Ahha, now this is coming as expected, as a non-US resident, I personally cannot benefit from this class action lawsuit, but I do support them to make Intel really know the price to pay if they release defective products and not act promptly, now this will definitely goes to the news and general consumers, what Intel reacts now will be how they salvage their brand image

ottonis

Reputable
Jun 10, 2020
The problem here is not the occasional defective CPU-replacement during warranty period for individual private users.
Instead, Intel will rather face two much bigger problems:

1. How will Intel deal with large companies and data centers that use thousands or tens of thousands of Raptor Lake-based systems and which may start to experience an increased rate of system failures?

2. How will Intel deal with defective CPUs after warranty period runs out? Obviously, the underlying problem is an accelerated rate of degradation, so it is to be expected that the rate of failures will not be linear but much more steep over time and most failures will thus occur after end of warranty period.
Now imagine hundreds of thousands of users with defective CPUs merely 3 or so years after system build. This may have the potential to substantially infuriate Intel's user base at large.

Last edited:

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Intel should release an LGA1700 working CPU, so that I can use my 18 months old system (mobo+ddr4+i5-13500) for another 10 years. I don't want to build a new system. I was actually hopping I will upgrade to 14900 or similar later. Intel should release new LGA1700 cpus.

Edit: I just googled that upcoming 2025 Bartlett Lake will be LGA1700. But will it work with ddr4 ? I hope yes.

Last edited:

Amdlova

Distinguished
@PeterF
You are fine with your 13500 just push the power limit :) I'm pushing my 13600T at 60w of power :) and works great.

Intel need to burn with this action lawsuit. I'am intel guy from the era of ivy-bridge... today Intel cpus are crap!
Overclocked notebook cpus

Reactions: Geekaycee