Intel Confirms Slight Delay in Ivy Bridge Release Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
June, 2012 -

Intel: "Hey guys, um, we may have had some more 'yield issues'... yeah let's just say it's that. Ahem. Anyway, there might be another slight delay in the Ivy Bridge launch. So go buy some more Sandy Bridge processors at the original price in the mean time."

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
what the hell does intel China have to do with it.
intel chips are actually made in USA and israel, The finishing of the chips are sent to Costa Rica and Malaysia

Intel Leave China out it. I am sick of hearing that fucking Country.

G

I heard it is only a delay for notebook products. Not sure if the desktop CPUs are coming out on time?

G

Intel: The chips are delayed due to yield issues.

Journalist: Intel has yield issues?

Intel: No, AMD has yield issues. We are waiting for them to catch up.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm itching for an upgrade... My Q6600 has lasted a very long time, actually still speedy. But when I build systems with i5-2500K CPUs, it makes me a bit jealous. Costs me about $400 to upgrade ($250 for CPU, $150 for mobo and RAM), maybe even go for an AMD-7850/70 GPU... The extra little features in IVB look nice, not spectacular - but nice never the less.

Now Intel is going to start losing ground to AMD with their craptacular "8-core" CPU.
(I usually build AMD systems and will continue to do so - for basic system users)

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Man, it must be fun to hate on Intel judging by the comments. I don't see any other companies getting accused of trying to milk the consumer for money when their products get delayed.

Anybody ever think that maybe the launch was delayed for a legitimate reason? No? I guess I'll leave you all with your tinfoil hats, then.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]atikkur[/nom]and what cause the delay?[/citation]
A previous article mentioning that Intel might experience delays said that they had too many Sandy Bridge processors still sitting in warehouses, and preferred to get rid of them before releasing a self competing product.

If AMD's Bulldozer wasn't doing such a poor job, I'm pretty sure Intel would've rushed Ivy Bridge.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]You do realize that compared to China, USA are just a small underpopulated province without any real history, traditions and culture?[/citation]
You do realize that compared to the USA, China is a brutally oppressive country, and its government's rampant corruption has resulted in the deaths of literally tens of millions of its own citizens, not to mention the occasional slaughter of peaceful protestors, shady international trade tactics, lack of any real regulation of working conditions and some of the worst air pollution in the world, right?

Not that either of our posts have anything to do with this article or anything said in the comments.

g-unit1111

Titan
Yet another reason why I'm advising against waiting in my system builds. I do not want to recommend people plan their systems for hardware that's not out yet nor buy a system with an upgrade path already in mind.

That stinks. I've been waiting for Ivy Bridge and the Radeon HD 7870. They're not much of a speed boost over Sandy Bridge and the 6870 but they use far fewer watts.

This will be replacing a Radeon 4850 and Core 2 Quad. Coupled with an 80 plus Gold certified PSU I'll be getting a much faster computer that uses far less energy.

[citation][nom]willard[/nom]You do realize that compared to the USA, China is a brutally oppressive country, and its government's rampant corruption has resulted in the deaths of literally tens of millions of its own citizens, not to mention the occasional slaughter of peaceful protestors, shady international trade tactics, lack of any real regulation of working conditions and some of the worst air pollution in the world, right?Not that either of our posts have anything to do with this article or anything said in the comments.[/citation]You do realize that compared to the Canada, The US is a brutally oppressive country, and its government's rampant corruption has resulted in the deaths of literally tens of millions of innocent civilians, not to mention the occasional pepper spray of peaceful protestors, shady international trade tactics, lack of any real regulation of healthcare and some of the worst air pollution in the world, right?Not that either of our posts have anything to do with this article or anything said in the comments.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]You do realize that compared to the Canada, The US is a brutally oppressive country, and its government's rampant corruption has resulted in the deaths of literally tens of millions of innocent civilians, not to mention the occasional pepper spray of peaceful protestors, shady international trade tactics, lack of any real regulation of healthcare and some of the worst air pollution in the world, right?Not that either of our posts have anything to do with this article or anything said in the comments.[/citation]
Could you please point me to the tens of millions of people the US has killed? I'd also like to see your sources on the shady international trade (The US is actually at the forefront of international trade regulation), and lack of regulation on healthcare (our healthcare is EXTREMELY regulated, it's just expensive). I also love that you're comparing pepper spraying kids to Tienanmen Square, where Chinese military opened fire on civilians with assault weapons, killing about a thousand people.

Also, what's with the pissing match? I was just pointing out to the guy singing praises about China's culture, that the culture is often one of outright brutality, corruption and exploitation. This isn't about who thinks their country is better than whose.

Status
Not open for further replies.