Intel Core i7-4770K Listed By Dutch Retailer for Preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
from what i read about the new haswell chips and motherboards I think I stay with AMD atm... Might check out that 5Ghz chip they releasing.

How exciting it is will be largely determined by how overclockable Haswell chips end up being. the motherboards leaked so far has been interesting at least... I might just step up from my Sandy lol

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I'm just throwing a guess, but it's probably because the Dutch are responsible for a huge chunk of overseas trade, with the Port of Rotterdam being among the top 5 busiest ports in the world. Lots of stuff moving in and out, particularly between the Americas and Europe.

Intel, for example, is a U.S. company, so in the U.S. they might be more tight-lipped about their supply chains, but once a product leaves their hands for a coordinated overseas debut, well, let's just say things often get "leaked" at the supply destination. It can't be helped.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I don't see a need to upgrade from 2500k or 3570k or Fx8150. The whole platform does not bring anything special that we all already have. If you still using core2 or Phenoms go ahead and up your system for sure otherwise it is not worth it.

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011

At that level, no, it doesn't. It does bring some interesting potential for HTPCs, mini-ITX gaming, mobile devices, and extreme overclockers, if the rumors are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.