Intel Core i7-4790 with MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150

kuna1

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
hello to all, i am upgrading my old PC and changing CPU Mobo and GPU.
for now i have already purchased NVIDIA GTX 960 as GPU but to upgrading CPU and Mobo i need suggestions. Intel Core i7-4790 with MSI Z97 PC Mate are in my mind.
so my question is, this combination is good or their any compatibly issue/running/bottleneck etc.I am not interested in OC no SLI /crossfire. My purpose is to play all game max (if possible) and streaming at 720p. any other suggestion or CPU+Mobo combination is very much welcome but under $350-370.
Thanx.

Solution
Motherboards have little to no impact on performance. As for the question if b85 boards have all the features, that depends on what features you need. They have usb 3.0 ports, pcie 3.0 slots, sata 3 slots, etc., but no SLI and only very limited overclocking capacibilities (but you can't overclock anyway). Therefore, I see no reason choosing anything more pricey than a b85 boards in your situation. You could possibly even go with a h81 board, but they only have a very limited number of usb 3 and sata ports so usually spending a little more pays off.
About the i5 4590 vs i7 4790, there's virtually no noticeable gaming performance difference in like 95% of all games right now. i7's are more targeted at workstation builds or high end pc's...

kuna1

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
but i7 4790 good for gaming +Streaming together and game like Witcher 3 wild hunt required i7 as recommended. i am not very good in technical specification but B85 board have all features and future proof (2-3 year) ?

DubbleClick

Admirable
Motherboards have little to no impact on performance. As for the question if b85 boards have all the features, that depends on what features you need. They have usb 3.0 ports, pcie 3.0 slots, sata 3 slots, etc., but no SLI and only very limited overclocking capacibilities (but you can't overclock anyway). Therefore, I see no reason choosing anything more pricey than a b85 boards in your situation. You could possibly even go with a h81 board, but they only have a very limited number of usb 3 and sata ports so usually spending a little more pays off.
About the i5 4590 vs i7 4790, there's virtually no noticeable gaming performance difference in like 95% of all games right now. i7's are more targeted at workstation builds or high end pc's, where spending another $100 simply doesn't matter to you.

Solution