Intel Core i9-9900T 35W CPU Listing Appears Online

Bamba

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
I think you have a mistake: The i9-9900KF's memory support should be the same as the others - DDR4-2666 (not DDR4-2966)

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished

Clocks would be way too low (my opinion, but see rationale). Intels 95w TDP on the 9900k is strictly the base clock number with no boost at all. It can easily pull 250w+ with MCE on under full load.

Restricting it to its 95w TDP will give you a 5ghz boost on one core as opposed to two (which is still great), but only 3.6ghz as opposed to 4.7 for an all core boost. It would still be great for gaming and lighter tasks, but for heavy threads it would likely perform a fair bit worse than the 2700x, but still good overall where you need 16 threads.

So, I think an actual 95 watt version for about $300 (same as the 2700x) would actually be ideal for a lot of people. But the way Intel prices things ...

EDIT
Sorry, let me provide a source in case there any doubt over my claim: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13591/the-intel-core-i9-9900k-at-95w-fixing-the-power-for-sff

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished

"Found" would probably be more accurate ... and found in quotes to denote that someone "lost" one by "accident" ... ;)

The "Intel Confidential" basically says its a ES sample and not a retail product. It shouldn't be sold and Intel can, and if they find out, will go after the seller.