[SOLVED] Intel DH67CL : 2 Beeps *pause* 2 Beeps

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Hello everyone,need a little help!

My PC was working well till yesterday and today,it won’t boot.

I get 2 beeps pause 2 beeps and that’s it.There is no Signal to display.The LED and Fans work,won’t boot.

Specs :

intel DH67CL mobo (Latest BIOS)
Intel i5 2500K (Stock clocks)
8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
Radeon RX480 8GB (Undervolted)
EVGA 650w PSU

What I tried

Cleaned and re-seated RAM
Cleaned PCIe Slot & re-seated GPU
Reconnected Mobo and CPU Power cables after cleaning connectors
Reseated CMOS Battery

Still not able to get it work and stuck with 2 beeps pause 2 beeps error.Would appreciate some help from here!
Thank you everyone!

Solution
Thanks! I tried to boot by removing my GPU,and booting from the iGPU,but the same Beep Codes come up.I hope my GPU didn’t die.The XFX logo and everything still lights up as it should,and the fans s

UPDATE : When I tried re-seating RAM again,The beeps went away,but still no boot,even USB devices didn’t respond (except for the mouse).Re-seating the RAM once again,got me right back to the 2 beeps pause 2 beeps.

Tried using one stick at a time,and even that didn’t fix the problem.
The ram's likely dead then.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005473/boards-and-kits.html
According to this, it either means the 'gpu isn't being detected', or in the discontinued (legacy) desktop boards section, 'Parity can't be reset' - apparently, that means 'catastrophic ram failure'.

Remove the gpu and see if you can boot on the cpu's Igpu.

Thanks! I tried to boot by removing my GPU,and booting from the iGPU,but the same Beep Codes come up.I hope my GPU didn’t die.The XFX logo and everything still lights up as it should,and the fans s

UPDATE : When I tried re-seating RAM again,The beeps went away,but still no boot,even USB devices didn’t respond (except for the mouse).Re-seating the RAM once again,got me right back to the 2 beeps pause 2 beeps.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Reactions: bharathbigb
Solution

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013

Hey,Thanks for your help!

UPDATE : Used another 2GB stick,Still the issue persisted.

Used the jumper method to reset the BIOS to defaults,connected to the iGPU,display came up!!!

At this point,I tried to check my 2x4GB sticks,and they also functioned properly.

PC posts on iGPU,but windows got corrupted,Boot/BCD error.I reconnect my GPU and the issue came back.

Unfortunately,I can confirm that my XFX GTR RX480 is officially dead,maybe the heavy undervolting killed it.I used to run 1288Mhz at 1000mv Undervolt.I did not get any signs like artifacts or crashes when the GPU was about to die.Had a great experience with Radeon Polaris.

Thank you once again for your help.