Question Intel Extreme Board DZ77GA-70K not recognizing gpu.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darkbreeze

Titan
GTX 980 only needs a good 520w power supply, so a 550w model should be enough. If you want a little more piece of mind you could move up to a 650 or 750w model, but the price is going to jump by about 25 bucks. Don't make the mistake of going for some other cheap crap just because it says it's 750w, or 850w, it's really not the watts, it's the quality of the unit. The wattage matters, but ONLY if the unit can actually provide the rated wattage in the first place and do it without choking on itself.

Dec 11, 2019
Alright, and before I make a purchase, what’s your opinion on the ThermalTake 600w SP-600AH2NKW? This is the psu in my personal system (this entire thing is for a friends bday, multiple friends chipping in and I’m the organizer of this whole operation), and I just want to be as budget friendly as possible without making compromises that I will regret in any way.

Darkbreeze

Titan
Thermaltake Smart series 600w? Not as bad as the Thermaltake TR2 units, and ok for a mainstream internet browsing or office type machine with low powered hardware, but I wouldn't put one in a gaming machine any more than I'd put a Corsair VS series unit in a gaming machine. Even one with a slot power only graphics card.

If you read my guide on the power supply models I recommend, it is noted in there. I believe I linked to it in my first post.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS