intel g3258 help is there difference between 4.3 and 4.5ghz

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
ok so i got my intel to 4.3 at 1.2 volts but i know 4.5ghz is the sweet spot for this chip.i am planning to buy an i5 or i7 in about a year or two.I have tried to go up without changing volts but when i did it crashed but when i was at 1.3 volts it booted up at 4.5ghs but did not test it so went back to 4.3ghz.Is 4.5 at 1.3volts ok?and what would be a safe temp then?Also would that 0.2ghz really help or not?

Solution
You need to test it for thermal compliance and stability when you increase the clock speed, regardless of whether you increase the voltage or not.

Download Prime95 and run it on small FFT's. (If you have have a good aftermarket cooler. If not, put it back to stock settings until you get one.) If the temps exceed specs after ten minutes, then either your cooler can't keep up or it's too much voltage for the configuration. I'd try smaller increments between 1.3 and 1.2.

To determine if it's actually stable, you need to run Prime95 for 24 hours to verify stability. For small adjustments to just see where you are you can start with 1-2 hour runs but run 24hrs once you're happy with everything else to verify it is in fact stable.

Knowing...
You need to test it for thermal compliance and stability when you increase the clock speed, regardless of whether you increase the voltage or not.

Download Prime95 and run it on small FFT's. (If you have have a good aftermarket cooler. If not, put it back to stock settings until you get one.) If the temps exceed specs after ten minutes, then either your cooler can't keep up or it's too much voltage for the configuration. I'd try smaller increments between 1.3 and 1.2.

To determine if it's actually stable, you need to run Prime95 for 24 hours to verify stability. For small adjustments to just see where you are you can start with 1-2 hour runs but run 24hrs once you're happy with everything else to verify it is in fact stable.

Knowing the rest of your specs would be good too.:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2299418/obtain-basic-advanced-system-information.html

Solution