Intel HD3000 Graphics driver causing system freeze

WHComp

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Not completely sure this is the right section.

I just put this together.
Relevant Specs:

MB: ASRock H67M-GE
CPU: Intel i5 2500K
RAM: G.Skill 4 x 4GB DDR3-1333 @ 7-7-7-21
SSD: Crucial C300 128GB (windows 7 64-bit)
PSU: Seasonic 520W

I am using the built in HD 3000 graphics without an additional card. I installed the newest drivers from Intel's website. The computer is very choppy. It will freezes for just a split second constantly. If you are scrolling through a web page, the bar stops for just a second. It also makes Firefox freeze if you try to move through the open tabs to fast. Also, every once in while it will make media player freeze. I unistall the driver and everything works fine, except you can't increase the resolution or use more than one monitor, so I reinstalled the driver and even tried a previous version and the same thing happened.

Typing also, as I type it will print a couple letters, then stops. I keep typing and a second later it prints out the words.

Any suggestions?

jimmybrite

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
do you have the rev 2 board? also did you update bios? mine doesn't freeze, but it can get choppy with some games... it's just how intel made the drivers I suppose. Minecraft lags like hell but nfs shift doesnt at all.

WHComp

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I didn't have that board. I am not sure about the problems your having, I don't do any gaming. However, did figure out that I had a defective processor. Had to RMA it with Intel Directly. They said the graphics processor was defective on my chip. Sorry I can't help you.