News Intel, HP, Dell and Microsoft Team Up Against Trump Tariffs

D1v1n3D

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Reactions: Gurg

herbman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Trump is the only person who has the ability to get industry moving back to the USA , he's a Godsend everything is 100% better under Trump especially jobs . The anti American Islamic communist Obama brought America to it's knees and nearly bankrupted this country .

Microsoft is a pro communist anti free speech company just like facebook , google and twitter.

Reactions: Gurg and svan71
Feb 14, 2019
Trump is the only person who has the ability to get industry moving back to the USA , he's a Godsend everything is 100% better under Trump especially jobs . The anti American Islamic communist Obama brought America to it's knees and nearly bankrupted this country .

Microsoft is a pro communist anti free speech company just like facebook , google and twitter.
Agree, it's the only way to pressure the Chinese to be fair (they put tariffs/restrictions on our good before this) and to prevent them from stealing IP which is one of the main issues. I know because they did this to the company my brother works for (pressuring them to build facilities their and have joint venture while stealing IP) and he still had to go their and fix their engineering of the products (he's VP of Engineering PD). So keep it up Trump.

Reactions: Gurg and svan71

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I don't think these tariffs are nearly as unpopular as analysts and Wall Street insiders think. Tariffs are a tool that should have been used a long time ago to counter IP theft and wage disparity.

HP and Dell have a lot of things they can do to control the costs of their machines. Partnering with Intel isn't one of them given the absurd pricing on Intel chips compared to the competition.

Imagine that,

For profit companies opposed to rate increases offsetting cheap labor which might affect their bottom line. Shocker.

I don't like Trump. But China has been playing unfairly for years. It has cost us our blue collar middle class by artificially cheap labor, predatory dumping (subsidies), and currency manipulation (intentional devaluation). China's actions also cost us jobs through intellectual property theft.

China has two rules:
  1. Depend on no-one and to be self sufficient (which means they want to limit imports)
  2. To become #1 global economic force at any cost

So basically I could care less if big tech companies who outsource to China are crying.

schlarbjeff

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
So the Corporate TAX rate DROPPED BY 15%, FROM 36% -21%
BUT A 25% TARIFF WILL ADD 19%?
SHOULDN'T THAT BE 10%? TARIFF - TAX CUT?
Didn't Tim Apple(Cook) say Tariff = Tax?
So same same right?

Reactions: Gurg

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Americans can live a nice lifestyle and go a long time without buying any Chinese produced junk. Its a terrible security risk having any high tech produced in China or any other adversarial country especially if they are stealing our intellectual property.