[SOLVED] Intel i59400F Upgrade?

Nov 25, 2021
I'm currently running on an Intel i5-9400F and I'm hoping to find a decent upgrade on my current board which will be best suited for my recently upgraded GPU, the RTX 3060ti. I'm completely lost with how the sockets and chipsets work so if anyone could direct me to a decent upgrade that would be greatly appreciated, I will attach a screenshot of my current CPU-Z profile in case that helps.

CPU & Mainboard details

Thanks

Solution
I'm currently running on an Intel i5-9400F and I'm hoping to find a decent upgrade on my current board which will be best suited for my recently upgraded GPU, the RTX 3060ti. I'm completely lost with how the sockets and chipsets work so if anyone could direct me to a decent upgrade that would be greatly appreciated, I will attach a screenshot of my current CPU-Z profile in case that helps.

CPU & Mainboard details

Thanks

If this is for gaming you have the i7 9700 /F/K/KF or the i9 9900 /F/K/KF.

Keep in mind you will need to also buy a cooler, at least a decent 120mm tower one for the i7 (for example Hyper 212 Black Edition/Arctic Freezer 34 esport/DUO), and a 140mm tower cooler for the i9 (usual brands, schyte...

CPU & Mainboard details

Thanks

If this is for gaming you have the i7 9700 /F/K/KF or the i9 9900 /F/K/KF.

Keep in mind you will need to also buy a cooler, at least a decent 120mm tower one for the i7 (for example Hyper 212 Black Edition/Arctic Freezer 34 esport/DUO), and a 140mm tower cooler for the i9 (usual brands, schyte, noctua, bequiet, etc.)

Another way to go is just buy an AIO liquid cooler with a 240mm radiator.

Then again whatever you choose it will depend on your case internal layout and support for this coolers and also you RAM and Motherboard clearance.

Also to keep in mind, depending on the game, resolution and graphic settings you may see a nice improvement on FPS or almost no improvement (depending on how the load moves from the GPU to the CPU). But without more info is hard to know whats your gaming case here.

Solution