Question Intel I7 12700k reaches 100C on some cores during installation of Assasin Creed Valhalla

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Your video is private.

thread-106345576-11676817696875242958.JPG

May 24, 2022
Your cpu fans are installed in wrong orientation.
They both are pushing air into cooler.
They are fighting each other. In result there is no airflow going through the cooler.

Air has to go in through front and exit through rear.
Well I was watching a video installation guide for Cooler master ma612 stealth arb and they say that one is push fan and the other is exaust,the one that is push is the one that lower part points to the right and the one that is exaust is the one that lower part points to the left.I positioned them like that.
Source>
I think it from 10.06 seconds
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9bVavY5Oo

they say that one is push fan and the other is exaust,the one that is push is the one that lower part points to the right and the one that is exaust is the one that lower part points to the left.I positioned them like that.
On your cooler both fans are in push orientation (they both push air from outside into the cooler).
There are arrows printed on side of the fan, showing direction of air-flow.

image_2022-01-14_175842.png

May 24, 2022
Remove rear fan and install it into back of your pc instead.
I think that you got this wrong what you said is true on most fans,thsese fans look like they both pull air but they are not,I was watching another video a guy was saying that one is push and one is pull,the one that points to the right is push and the one that points to the left is exaust.I will send you a link

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
~Ohhh... that model uses a reverse fan. That's why the confusion.

@Alexxx99 , look for 2 arrows on the frame of those fans, like in that one image SkyNetRising linked. One shows what direction the fan spins(clockwise/counter), which doesn't matter, but the other one does. Are both pointing towards the back of the PC? That's what you want.

Now, the front fans, I think are a problem. Most likely weak LED fans being choked by the front panel's design/style, which isn't bringing that much air inside the PC.
What I suggest doing:
1)Remove the middle fan and make it the rear exhaust.
2)The remaining 2 are likely installed like this:
fan bracket | fan | front panel

Make it like this instead:
fan | fan bracket | front panel
Don't flip the fans around - all that's being done is moving them back a little bit.

May 24, 2022

@Alexxx99 , look for 2 arrows on the frame of those fans, like in that one image SkyNetRising linked. One shows what direction the fan spins(clockwise/counter), which doesn't matter, but the other one does. Are both pointing towards the back of the PC? That's what you want.

Now, the front fans, I think are a problem. Most likely weak LED fans being choked by the front panel's design/style, which isn't bringing that much air inside the PC.
What I suggest doing:

Don't flip the fans around - all that's being done is moving them back a little bit.
It seems that fans are blowing at each other?

What I suggest doing:

View: https://imgur.com/a/FypGpOj

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What the heck? Oh, this is a hoot... there's no reverse Sickleflow fan here!
They're both regular Sickleflows: the back fan is rear intake, and the front fan is front intake... they're blowing into each other, so the heat isn't really going anywhere.

See those four screws connecting the fan to the clips?
You can unscrew them and secure to the opposite side of the fan.
Or maybe contact Cooler Master support, tell 'em what's up, and the might send a reverse Sickleflow?
Or maybe return the cooler and get another one? Up to you.

May 24, 2022
They're both regular Sickleflows: the back fan is rear intake, and the front fan is front intake... they're blowing into each other, so the heat isn't really going anywhere.

Or maybe contact Cooler Master support, tell 'em what's up, and the might send a reverse Sickleflow?
No it cant be true,those arrows logic works probbably for regular fans,thsese are reversable.I bought the same cooler by accedent without lga 1700 support I opened it now and on it as well are both arrows pointing to each other.There is no fan with arrow pointing outside.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, SOMEONE screwed up, and it's not you. Those arrows are the airflow direction. If they're pointing towards each other, then they're not doing anything. They need to point in the same direction.

Cooler Master designed that cooler to have both sides of the heatsink show the nicer looking fan face. In order to make that happen, one of those fans spins in reverse.
Most other twin fan coolers? In front of the heatsink is the nice face, in the back is the 'ugly' face.

May 24, 2022

I cant unscrew one and change direction thats the problem