[SOLVED] intel i9 9900k temps average

May 19, 2021
I recently had a huge problem with my computer where when I would start it the temp would be around 80c and when I would start a game after a few mins it would go to 99+ then eventually shut off however I figured out that cpu cooling fan was extremely dirty so I cleaned it and started it up again now I'm running around 60c (140° to 150°) but when I play something like cod at 1080p the lowest settings I'm getting around 120 fps and the temps are about 97c (208°) and my graphics card is a armor rtx 2070

do these temps sound right or should I maybe buy a new cooling for my cpu (I was thinking the corsair H100i pro 240mm)

my pc spec are:
cpu: i9 9900k

gpu: geforce rtx 2070 armor

motherboard: MAG-Z390-TOMAHAWK

ram: 2x XPG Spectrix 3200 8gb

power supply: ASTRAPE P1-650G

windows: windows 10 home

cpu cooler: ibuypower (I'm not sure about the cooler as my pc is prebuilt and yes I know rookie mistake getting a prebuilt) positioning is through the front

Last edited:
Solution
Along with stellar performance, the 9900K is famously hot. It's going to need a good (and clean) cooling solution.
If this happens to have an AIO (water) cooler you may need to blow the fin stack of the radiator out. Pretty much the same if you have a tower air cooler. I take my machines out roughly every 4-6 weeks according to use and blow them out with a leaf blower.
I recently had a huge problem with my computer where when I would start it the temp would be around 80c and when I would start a game after a few mins it would go to 99+ then eventually shut off however I figured out that cpu cooling fan was extremely dirty so I cleaned it and started it up again now I'm running around 60c (140° to 150°) but when I play something like cod at 1080p the lowest settings I'm getting around 120 fps and the temps are about 97c (208°) and my graphics card is a armor rtx 2070

do these temps sound right or should I maybe buy a new cooling for my cpu (I was thinking the corsair H100i pro 240mm)

my pc spec are:
cpu: i9 9900k

gpu: geforce rtx 2070 armor

motherboard: MAG-Z390-TOMAHAWK

ram: 2x XPG Spectrix 3200 8gb

power supply: ASTRAPE P1-650G

windows: windows 10 home

cpu cooler: ibuypower (I'm not sure about the cooler as my pc is prebuilt and yes I know rookie mistake getting a prebuilt) positioning is through the front
It's hard to say if your problem is the actual CPU cooler itself, or if it simply needs its thermal paste reapplied. Do you have a model number for your ibuypower PC that may shed some light on the cooler you have?

Before you buy any new CPU cooler, make sure it will fit inside your case with your current RAM modules - sometimes the height of RAM sticks in conjunction with the case may restrict your CPU cooler choices.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Along with stellar performance, the 9900K is famously hot. It's going to need a good (and clean) cooling solution.
If this happens to have an AIO (water) cooler you may need to blow the fin stack of the radiator out. Pretty much the same if you have a tower air cooler. I take my machines out roughly every 4-6 weeks according to use and blow them out with a leaf blower.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS