Question Intel iGPU not detected on Manjaro Linux, but ATI dGPU detected on Studio XPS 16 from 2009

Tduc

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I recently did a dual boot of Manjaro Linux and Windows 7 on a old Dell studio XPS 16 from 2009 and I noticed the battery live was really bad. I did xrandr --listproviders and the only GPU that came up was the ATI GPU. There is no setting for GPUs in the BIOS.

Help would be appreciated. :)

Wolfshadw

Titan
If I read the specs correctly, that system came with an old Intel Core2Duo processor which doesn't have integrated graphics. Systems from that age would integrate graphics with the motherboard's NorthBridge and it's possible/probable that your system used an ATI chipset.

Never mind... Need to read closer (it IS pretty early in the morning here)
Price as reviewed / Starting price
$1,649 / $1,149​
Processor
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600​
Memory
4GB, 1066MHz DDR3​
Hard drive
320GB, 7,200rpm​
Chipset
Mobile Intel PM45 Chipset​
Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon HD3670​
Operating System
Dimensions (WD)
15.0x10.6 inches​
Height
0.93-1.34 inches​
Screen size (diagonal)
16.0 inches​
System weight / Weight with AC adapter
6.6/6.5 pounds​
Category

-Wolf sends

Tduc

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
If I read the specs correctly, that system came with an old Intel Core2Duo processor which doesn't have integrated graphics. Systems from that age would integrate graphics with the motherboard's NorthBridge and it's possible/probable that your system used an ATI chipset.

Never mind... Need to read closer (it IS pretty early in the morning here)

-Wolf sends
I do believe that this does not have integrated graphics, because the iGPU doesn't show up in Windows either.