Intel Launches Moorestown, Supports Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]intercollector[/nom]1080p video processor looks promising. Dare we stream video from our phones to our televisions using HDMI?http://www.newphoneinfo.com[/citation]
Since the video part of this new soc isn't capable of outputting 1080p the answer is a definitive no.

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Ah, but there is hope for some sort of HD video from a cell phone. The Motorola Droid 2 has an HDMI port, the eeeKeyboard uses wireless video, ATI just released a video card that does graphics over the Internet, I think Sony and Intel just announced a TV with a CPU in it, put those features together and there is hope.

But why would you want to use a phone as a source for 1080p on your TV?

Don't you already have a kick @$$ PC connected to your home entertainment system?

And if you are in a hotel room without your PC, I don't think you are planning on watching videos.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I don't have an HTPC. My PS3's browser and video streaming is quite terrible.

I would love to have HDMI out on my phone to watch southpark episodes and other streaming with my friends. My phone's internet is faster than my home internet, but also costs more. Why not use it?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]BlueCat57[/nom]But why would you want to use a phone as a source for 1080p on your TV?[/citation]
It's called universal interoperability. We nearly got there with everything connecting by USB, but we have got a long way to go till everything works with everything else. I don't mind companies making money, I really don't, but at the expense of being tied to a single device to watch or listen to content is an unreasonable restriction. Thats why I will never ever buy music from iTunes. One day there may be a program and a device that replaces the iPod and iTunes as the dominant music player, but will the iTunes music work? No.

This goes to the heart of that, if I have a collection of HD videos and dont have the PC near the TV, it would be nice to be able to transfer the videos to a portable device and plug into the TV. In this case it isn't a phone per-se, i'm just using it as a glorified playback device. You could say that I should just have a dedicated video playback device near the TV and a separate phone, but there will always be a sector of the market that wants to have a single device that does it all.

What I really want is if someone could shrink my full tower PC down to the size of a phone, wirelessly transmit full HD to any monitor or TV nearby, burn BluRay or DVD to a nearby wireless burner, print to a nearby wireless printer, 100Mb broadband wirelessly anywhere in the world, if there are no monitor or TV nearby I want it to project a user-manipulable hologram in front of me, I want it to be able to install any operating system I want including OSX even though I wont, I want it to install any software I own, allow any future CPU, RAM, HDD or Graphics to be upgraded without having to replace the whole thing, I want it to be able to play any of my media collection, iron my shirts, make me a coffee, give me a foot massage, tell me next weeks winning lottery tickets and keys to the playboy mansion.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

worl

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?[/citation]

No I think this is pretty much reasonable except the hologram thing but I think you can replace that by a projector or a foldable screen.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
like where this is going...

even though i prefer my computer... the amount of time i spend at home not sleeping is nowhere near the time i spend out at work or college... having a higher end phone would be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS