Intel Looks to Apple for Future Tech Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]Once Steve Jobs is gone, which won't be long, Apple will fall apart.[/citation]
Oh I do hope so, but somehow I doubt it. Their lawyers and marketing people are good at what they do, so Apple will probably be fine even without him.
Oh how I hope I'm wrong though.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Even for consumers who make an conscious decision to not purchase products from the company

Its not that I refuse to buy from apple, they just refuse to have reasonable prices. Why follow the other sheep when I can buy a better product with enough savings to treat myself to a delicious cake?

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Intel used to be a leader in the computer industry. If they are looking at Apple to tell them what to do next, they could loose that leadership, by becoming part of the Apple followers.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Agreed. Wait, what do you mean "used to be"? Still is... unless they really will start listening to Apple. First thing - Apple will convince them to stop producing high-end CPUs because they consume "too much" power and Apple products don't need them - that would, however, suck for everyone else. I hope at least AMD won't go down that road, though.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]First thing - Apple will convince them to stop producing high-end CPUs because they consume "too much" power and Apple products don't need them[/citation]
Seriously? Did you just post that? Mac Pro's run Xeon CPU's...

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]Its not that I refuse to buy from apple, they just refuse to have reasonable prices. Why follow the other sheep when I can buy a better product with enough savings to treat myself to a delicious cake?[/citation]

Because as everyone knows, the cake is a lie.

gpog

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Why would so many wish a successful American tech company go out of business for simply not liking their products when they have a choice not to buy them?

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I get it, everybody here is smarter than INTEL. (Smarter than Apple doesn't even count).

But, how many employees each of you have? How about your products, production costs, roadmaps, etc. Yes you have big words when you are behind your computers but I doubt any of you have an answer to help build a better world or realistically create the next business model that is going to change the world for better. Not even a next generation game engine. I presume, but I may be wrong.

Fortunately I don't depend on trashing someone or something to feel good about who I am or what I do.

My PCs: ASUS 2600K 8GBMEM (I builded on 2011), DELL US24, Mac Pro 2.8 8cores 16 GBMEM (2008). Tools are tools, what's important is what you are doing with them. You say AMD comes with a faster processor than INTEL, I will get it. ARM becomes a desktop beast?, no problem for me. My religion is for my believes.

What you are doing constantly is creating a sense of "forbidden" brands or products that come from evil and that is a way of religious thinking but frankly speaking pure anti-x superficial fanaticism.

G

"[...]AMD is working hard to get inside a Mac." Similar to nerdy guys working hard to get inside a dumb blonde.
Should wear off once they manage it.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]jecastej[/nom]I get it, everybody here is smarter than INTEL. (Smarter than Apple doesn't even count).But, how many employees each of you have? How about your products, production costs, roadmaps, etc. Yes you have big words when you are behind your computers but I doubt any of you have an answer to help build a better world or realistically create the next business model that is going to change the world for better. Not even a next generation game engine. I presume, but I may be wrong.Fortunately I don't depend on trashing someone or something to feel good about who I am or what I do.My PCs: ASUS 2600K 8GBMEM (I builded on 2011), DELL US24, Mac Pro 2.8 8cores 16 GBMEM (2008). Tools are tools, what's important is what you are doing with them. You say AMD comes with a faster processor than INTEL, I will get it. ARM becomes a desktop beast?, no problem for me. My religion is for my believes.What you are doing constantly is creating a sense of "forbidden" brands or products that come from evil and that is a way of religious thinking but frankly speaking pure anti-x superficial fanaticism.[/citation]
That is why you don't look at the comment section. Surprise. Bias opinions? Who would have thought!

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
I agree with some of the earlier comments. While I'm not a huge fan of apple, I still think it's great to have an american company doing great. While I'm not down with some of their marketing or denying problems, if Intel is better because of this, more power to them.

Companies have to change and adapt in order to survive. Just like apple did when they almost went bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.