Intel Price Cut???

vortex

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a 2.0Ghz P4 with 768MB of PC2100 and want to get a 3.06Ghz P4 and I want to know when the next price cut is from Intel??? Thanks!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
He probably doesn't want to replace his board and RAM!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a solution for you!

1.) Buy a cheap system from a company that deals in remnants/closeouts/discontinued models, with a 3.06GHz processor
2.) Sell that system with your processor for around $50 less than you paid for it, on the local market.

Now you're only out $50 plus shipping!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
1.) Buy a cheap system from a company that deals in remnants/closeouts/discontinued models, with a 3.06GHz processor
2.) Sell that system with your processor for around $50 less than you paid for it, on the local market.
Crashman, you should start a business! You would become a millionnaire within a year or so!

www.crashmancomputers.com "Computers that don't crash"

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
That'd be impossible... you still have to deal with what the enduser can do the their computer.

"If I owned this place and hell, I'd rent out this place and live in hell" - Toombs

vortex

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is a Northwood P4 and yes I don't want to have to buy a new M.B. and Ram because it's not worth it on this system and if I was going to do that I would just save up some money and buy a refurbished Dell or build an Athlon 64 based system so just getting the 3.06 Ghz P4 is the simple option.

endyen

Splendid
Intel is due to bring out some new chips next week. Normally this would signal a drop in "older" chips. Since AMD just increased the the price on thier top line, Intel may do the same.

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
whaaa???

....is that even a sentence? I see it has a period at the end of it.