[SOLVED] Intel rapid storage technology problem!!!!!

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
So I installed a driver update for the IDE/ATAPI Controller drivers Intel 6 series/C200 From DriverFix app.
It downloaded something called intel rapid storage technology. I installed it, not knowing if it was the driver.

Now, it needed a restart. I restarted it and it took a whole eternity to start. Normally the windows takes 9 seconds to start, approx.

Then it crashed after logging into windows. I only had so much time to open chrome.

Then I pressed the power button on the case to turn it off then on and it started normally.

Now, whenever I restart using the windows, the same happens. It takes an eternity to start and crashes.

I cannot uninstall intel rapid storage technology as it says "This program has a pending restart." in control panel.
I can access windows if I don't restart.

What do I do? The windows is on an SSD (ADATA SU630 240 GB).

Windows 10 64 bit
zebronics H61
Core i5 3470
12 GB RAM

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
So I installed a driver update for the IDE/ATAPI Controller drivers Intel 6 series/C200 From DriverFix app.
That was the problem.

IRST was never needed on this system.
These driver update things often/usually screw the system up.
Never ever use one. Ever.

This is when you recover from the full drive backup you made before this happened.

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
No, the PC is working. Only restart is crashing the PC. I guess that is because the Driver is trying to install after that.

As I asked earlier, can I just delete the IRST files?

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
Run system restore and restore to time before you screwed up your system.
Fixed!
I didn't know my computer was this smart. It created a system recovery point just before I installed the driver and reverted it back.

Now restart seems to work fine.

I wanna say sorry to @USAFRet for wasting his time, have a good day!

ASK THE COMMUNITY