News Intel Reveals Full Details for Its Arc A-Series Mobile Lineup

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
Maybe I mis-read the article, but seems odd to me you would name a more capable part G10 and a less capable G11. I guess if consumers don't see those names it won't matter.

Maybe I mis-read the article, but seems odd to me you would name a more capable part G10 and a less capable G11. I guess if consumers don't see those names it won't matter.
AMD and NVIDIA both name their GPUs in increasing order for decreasing performance. I would imagine starting with a lower value as a part number is better for the highest end part because you're not going to get any higher and it would be really awkward if you started off with two product lines, say G10 and G11, but then you want a third, lesser product. That would make the G12 worse than the G11 and you've just broken your convention. And having a G10.5 is weird... because what if you make yet another product? Are you going to call it 10.25 or 10.75?

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU

closs.sebastien

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
but rtx2080 is better than 2070 which is better than 2060... wich is better than a 1060 which is better than a 900 serie... which is better than a 600 serie...

Mar 31, 2022
I am very wary of Intel's long history of 'monopolistic practices' where they tried incessantly to create an Apple styled 'walled garden', as shown by their underhanded bus practices and chip-set linkage tying. Waaay back I supported AMD through thick and thin and I was greatly pleased to see AMD overcome these barriers and do well on their raw smarts. Maybe I am overly suspicious, but has this leopard changed their spots??? - I doubt it, so I wait for the shoes to fall...

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
"The XMX matrix engines meanwhile can do 128 FP16/BF16, 256 INT8, or 512 INT4/INT2 operations per clock. "

I've seen this info for Xe-hpc, but are all these modes also supported on Xe-HPG? What is your source?

"The XMX matrix engines meanwhile can do 128 FP16/BF16, 256 INT8, or 512 INT4/INT2 operations per clock. "

I've seen this info for Xe-hpc, but are all these modes also supported on Xe-HPG? What is your source?
Slide 22, at the bottom of the article. Considering Intel was specifically briefing us on the Arc product line, it would be very odd to include a slide showing Xe-HPC capabilities that don't apply to Xe-HPG.
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/s2F46dgEzhXhXn7CLLtagF.jpg