Intel Shutting Down AppUp Store Meant for Netbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakwolfs

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Made a few calls from my computer shop to friends who are in IT in L.A., NYC, and many other big cities. I figured out why Intel's app store is failing. No one has ever heard of it.

eza

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
it was awful - it never carried recent versions of the two useful apps it had (vlc and libreoffice).I uninstalled it in the end, am not surprised that they're doing this.

colinstu

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
I heard of it! In fact I used it, because they let you play angry birds for free and with no ads on there. But no longer use it now...

Intel. I love your products... but for such a big company full of intelligent people, you sure overlook the little things. Nobody knew you had an app store! If I knew you had one I would throw money at you before the MS app store!

bassbeast

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Made a few calls from my computer shop to friends who are in IT in L.A., NYC, and many other big cities. I figured out why Intel's app store is failing. No one has ever heard of it.
It only came with netbooks, mainly Asus and Acer with a few HP thrown in. Ironically it was put on a lot of AMD netbooks by Asus and Acer including the asus 1215B I have.For those that never tried it I'll give a review...sad, that is what it was, sad. there was MAYBE 50 apps in the entire storefront and the prices were frankly insane, even a tic tac toe game was $3.99! Many of the categories had NO apps at all, and the ones that did has apps that were old, overpriced, and the storefront was badly laid out.So all in all it won't be missed, honestly those Chinese Android Playstore knockoffs provide a better experience than AppUp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS