Intel Sports Working Moorestown at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucifer

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
uses less idle power than the current Menlow platform, one-fiftieth to be exact,
Is this a typo? Isn't there a suggestion on the feedback forum to improve the quality of the articles. I guess tom is getting more and more trash news. Quantity over quality won't get you anywhere.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]bucifer[/nom]Is this a typo? Isn't there a suggestion on the feedback forum to improve the quality of the articles. I guess tom is getting more and more trash news. Quantity over quality won't get you anywhere.[/citation]
Hi bucifer,

The Computerworld story linked in the article does explicitly read, "Intel claims Moorestown uses one-fiftieth the idle power of its predecessor, the Menlow platform." So, as far as I am aware, the story is accurate as long as Computerworld hasn't mixed up its numbers.

Hopefully they're right, as having one-fiftieth the idle power would be pretty amazing -- perhaps to the point of disbelief!

Thanks for reading and, as always, thanks for your feedback.

G

It's just comparing the all on one chip (aimed at 1 Watt), vs a Celeron/Core2Duo's 50Watt platform.

It certainly is no performance monster but has enough juice to do most common jobs.

The chip can be compared to the performance of lower ARM processors found in ebook readers.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I hate the atom, but mostly for the chipset. This sounded sort of interesting in October, but now it sounds like a game changer. I also can't wait to see AMD's Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.