News Intel Tiger Lake: Release Date, Specs, Benchmarks, and All We Know

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I don't disagree that Intel is in the lead when it comes to the AI side of things. However the reality is that AI is still very niche at this point.

It's not niche at all if you do any kind of image or video editing. Denoising, upscaling, refocusing, background removal--these are very common tasks.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
11th gen intel used lpddr4-4266, amd used ddr4-3200 .
Once again Intel publish lies instead of benchmarks.

I guess they are not tired from using LN2 and different Nvidia gpu when releasing benchmarks.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah and that caused 4x improvements...anything else you dreamt about last night?

Also do you mind sharing where it said that,cause I can't see it in the article.
Once again Terry the fanboy.... is the ryzen 3950x still losing to the i9 9900k in multi threaded? Can you link me some phoronix benchmarks or after everyone explaining to you that your brain is in sleep mode you stopped with the phoronix benchmarks? what about AVX is it being used?

I would like to see benchmarks with the same TDP and ram what Intel never do.

Last edited:
Once again Terry the fanboy.... is the ryzen 3950x still losing to the i9 9900k in multi threaded? Can you link me some phoronix benchmarks or after everyone explaining to you that your brain is in sleep mode you stopped with the phoronix benchmarks? what about AVX is it being used?

I would like to see benchmarks with the same TDP and ram what Intel never do.
Lol outbreak of nonsense ... as always.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Lol outbreak of nonsense ... as always.
You did not say all of these things?
Btw I don't see the 4 times imrovements in gaming.... can you link it to me?
And once again Intel "accidentally" bump the ram in 1,000 mhz making all the benchmarks irrelevant.

I guess after the LN2, different TDP and a lot stronger Nvidia gpu while claiming their mobile cpu is better for gaming this is a small lie.

Lets wait for Gamernexus and Hardwareunboxed reviewing this 400% ipc that you are claiming my fanboy friend.

Last edited:
You did not say all of these things?
Btw I don't see the 4 times imrovements in gaming.... can you link it to me?
And once again Intel "accidentally" bump the ram in 1,000 mhz making all the benchmarks irrelevant.

I guess after the LN2, different TDP and a lot stronger Nvidia gpu while claiming their mobile cpu is better this is a small lie.

Lets wait for Gamernexus and Hardwareunboxed reviewing this 400% ipc that you are claiming my fanboy friend.
Wow it just shows that you have a problem with your perception of reality,Ai is 4x faster, with AI 4x faster nobody cares about gaming especially for a low powered laptop that is not made for a lot of gaming anyway.

If you can't understand simple words maybe you should keep with a forum in your own language.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Wow it just shows that you have a problem with your perception of reality,Ai is 4x faster, with AI 4x faster nobody cares about gaming especially for a low powered laptop that is not made for a lot of gaming anyway.

If you can't understand simple words maybe you should keep with a forum in your own language.
Oh Ai... I always find your words confusing... in yout first post you did not mention Ai so i thought you are linking me phoronix benchmarks and claimig the ryzen 3950x is 50% slower than the core i9 9900k.
Maybe you sould watch what you are typing. People can get confused with the x4 times performence increase claims.
Now that I look at it I am very impressed with the Microsoft Word increase. This is the gold standrad in multi threaded, Microsoft Word. It is like prime95 only for productivity.

I see you don't care about the problematic ram. This is good.

Oh Ai... I always find your words confusing...
It's pretty much the only thing anybody in this topic talked about,just as I said you just can't comprehend reality,anything you don't like you don't even see.
I see you don't care about the problematic ram. This is good.
I care that's why I asked you where you saw that but apparently it's just another one of your unfounded accusations because what would be easier than just showing the appropriate quote?
Oh yeah right,fabricating a whole slew of nonsense, that's easier.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
It's pretty much the only thing anybody in this topic talked about,just as I said you just can't comprehend reality,anything you don't like you don't even see.

I care that's why I asked you where you saw that but apparently it's just another one of your unfounded accusations because what would be easier than just showing the appropriate quote?
Oh yeah right,fabricating a whole slew of nonsense, that's easier.
You seriously can't do a simple search in google? I will do it for you and edit my post.
Here you go it was really hard to find it took 10 seconds...
different storage but of course don't let the fact stop you from being a fanboy. Other Os changes and probably used LN2 for the single core benchmarks.

I hope you will start learninig not to quote Intel benchmarks.... of course they did use LN2, different GPU and TDP in previous benchmarks so there is no reason not to trust them.
Maybe you should check ryzen 3950x reviews I think it is better in multi threaded but maybe I am wrong...
Can you link me some phoronix benchmark?
"Oh yeah right,fabricating a whole slew of nonsense, that's easier."
Unlike you I am not a liar.

Last edited:
You seriously can't do a simple search in google? I will do it for you and edit my post.
Here you go it was really hard to find it took 10 seconds...
different storage but of course don't let the fact stop you from being a fanboy. Other Os changes and probably used LN2 for the single core benchmarks.

I hope you will start learninig not to quote Intel benchmarks.... of course they did use LN2, different GPU and TDP in previous benchmarks so there is no reason not to trust them.
Maybe you should check ryzen 3950x reviews I think it is better in multi threaded but maybe I am wrong...
Can you link me some phoronix benchmark?
"Oh yeah right,fabricating a whole slew of nonsense, that's easier."
Unlike you I am not a liar.
Hey look at you you finally managed to link to something,good for you.
So you can see how it says 2x8Gb there right?!
3200 is the maximum that the 4800u can use in dual channel mode
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_7/4800u
Memory controller[edit]
This SoC features two memory controllers, each supporting DDR4 or LPDDR4x. This chip supports up to 64 GiB of dual-channel DDR4 memory with data rates of up to 3200 MT/s (51.2 GB/s) or up to 32 GiB of quad-channel LPDDR4x with data rates of up to 4266 MT/s (68.27 GB/s).

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah for quad channel...but they used dual channel because that's the most you can expect from a low power laptop.
Is there even any laptop with quad channel ram?
So you can't use 4266mhz in quad channel and in dual channel? you must use 4 slots? only quad? ryzen 3950x is better in quad channel or still losing for the i9 9900k in single channel?
Are you a troll?

So you can't use 4266mhz in quad channel and in dual channel? you must use 4 slots? only quad? ryzen 3950x is better in quad channel or still losing for the i9 9900k in single channel?
Are you a troll?
Can you please formulate a coherent sentence?
Yes AMDs memory controller is crap and can only handle 3200 in dual channel.

st379

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Can you please formulate a coherent sentence?
Yes AMDs memory controller is crap and can only handle 3200 in dual channel.
It can support dual channel 4266 mhz AND quad channel 4266 mhz AND single channel 4266mhz.
It is you who can't understand this simple thing that every 2 years old knows.
Is the ryzen 3950x used single channel in the review that you see it losing to i9 9900k in multi threaded apps?
Is AVX being used by game engines today?
Can you link me some phoronix benchmarks with quad channels?

Last edited: