[SOLVED] intel udh 630, windows 8.1 with 8th gen processors?

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the integrated graphics working on my computer?
I really dont want to have to change my hardware to support my multi-monitor setup.
I have an i7-8700k with an asus prime z370-p and a gtx1060.
The other display adapter is Intel UHD 630 Graphics.
The 1060 works fine, actually everything works fine except the integrated graphics. I want to use igpu for multi monitor support. I have it enabled but it still doesnt display anything on the ports because the driver isnt installed.
I have 4 monitors and my gpu only has 3 ports.
I wish i had bought monitors with display ports back when i purchased them all, then i could daisy chain but id prefer to not have to get a new gpu, or replace my nice monitors, nor upgrade to windows 10.
If anyone can assist me i appreciate it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Driver wont prevent igpu from working. Windows should provide basic driver just like it would with a graphics card. Id say problem is elsewhere.

I presume igpu is enabled in the Bios? Not that it's been disabled with a graphics card installed?

Check mobo manual if you can run the two simultaneously. Can also troubleshoot igpu by removing the graphics card and see if igpu works.

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Driver wont prevent igpu from working. Windows should provide basic driver just like it would with a graphics card. Id say problem is elsewhere.

I presume igpu is enabled in the Bios? Not that it's been disabled with a graphics card installed?

Check mobo manual if you can run the two simultaneously. Can also troubleshoot igpu by removing the graphics card and see if igpu works.
If i set the bios to use cpu graphics as the primary monitor then it will display but then it mirrors 2 of the monitors. I have checked in windows resolution settings and the 5th monitor does not display at all. But all 5 monitors are plugged in and have a display, just 2 or them are the same display.
I want to use pcie as primary but when i have pcie set as primary the cpu graphics will not display.
I have 5 monitors. 3 for the gpu and 2 for the onboard graphics.
Ive found several drivers for the cpu graphics online but when i try to install them i get errors about my hardware or my OS not being supported.
And im trying not to use a splitter, i want to have 5 separate monitors.
I had this working on my old pc but i got some new hardware, i just didnt realize windows 8.1 wouldnt be supported. i mean since its supposed to be supported until 2023 i thought, but i didnt know that i couldnt use certain generations of hardware anymore..
And unless i upgrade to windows 10, or use displayport daisy chaining (which i would have to buy new monitors to use) or get a gpu with more ports, im unsure of how to make it work. But i want to make it work without buying new stuff.

Unless you tell me that using iGPU in the way im trying to use it actually only works by mirroring the connections to the onboard graphics.. which would blow my mind.
I feel like i should be able to plug 2 monitors into the onboard graphics and have separate displays.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How about Multi monitor option, is this enabled?

iGPU Multi-Monitor [Disabled]This item allows you to empower both integrated and discrete graphics devices for the multi-monitor output. The CPU graphics shared system memory size is fixed at 64 MB. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

Well, i didn't know Intel's 630 has no 8.1 support. That could be a problem for performance reasons. Unless you manage to find an modified driver or something, looks like 10 is the best way to go.

Do you have a spare hdd to test an install on? Disconnect all drives and just connect that and have Win10 ready. Shouldn't take long.

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
How about Multi monitor option, is this enabled?

iGPU Multi-Monitor [Disabled]This item allows you to empower both integrated and discrete graphics devices for the multi-monitor output. The CPU graphics shared system memory size is fixed at 64 MB. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

Well, i didn't know Intel's 630 has no 8.1 support. That could be a problem for performance reasons. Unless you manage to find an modified driver or something, looks like 10 is the best way to go.

Do you have a spare hdd to test an install on? Disconnect all drives and just connect that and have Win10 ready. Shouldn't take long.
yes i do have multi monitor option enabled.
yes i do have a spare drive, i was thinking about trying windows 10 out just to see but im sure it will work. I really just dont like that theyre choosing to not support certain hardware for an OS that is still being supported, trying to force me to use 10 really annoys me. Id rather use modified drivers. I was hoping someone would bring me a link or a driver that i havent tried yet and magically make it work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Searching around earlier i did come across some threads about modified drivers over at Reddit, you've probably done the same. If i knew a safe driver i would suggest it.

First try Win10. If thats all good then put the effort in searching the internet for modified driver.

Have you tried Win7 chipset driver from Asus?

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Searching around earlier i did come across some threads about modified drivers over at Reddit, you've probably done the same. If i knew a safe driver i would suggest it.

First try Win10. If thats all good then put the effort in searching the internet for modified driver.

Have you tried Win7 chipset driver from Asus?

I just finished installing windows 10. It automatically installed the driver and detects all 5 of my monitors with no problem once it was connected to the internet.
In the device manager it also has Intel UHD graphics 630 listed as the second display adapter.