[SOLVED] Intel UHD 730 doesn't list the resolution I need for the monitor (native) ?

Dec 15, 2021
Hello everyone, so I've recently built a new budget PC for a friend of mine with the following specs:
Asus Prime H510M-A
Intel Core i5-11400 (with Intel UHD 730 )
Kingston Fury Beast Black 8GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Kingston A2000, M.2 - 250GB
Be quiet! System Power 9 - 500W (for possible second hand GPU in the future)
Windows 10 Pro

Everything went well except when I got to the monitor and resolution. It is running the latest Intel drivers (used auto detection tool).
The monitor is LG W2271TC and its native resolution is 1680x1050 which is 16:10, connected via VGA (no other way).
The problem is that Windows/Intel control panel doesn't list this resolution, adding custom resolution in Intel Controls results with "Bad parameters".
I did find a workaround using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) but the picture is blurred which is a problem as she edits photos on it. (yes, I know it is a terrible monitor for photo editing - TN, low res, old, the colors look bad after 10 years...)

Is there something I might have missed? The issue is that this monitor worked fine on her old PC so she's asking me if I can somehow fix this. She doesn't have money to buy a new monitor right now which would be my recommendation anyway.
Thank you for your time and help!

Dec 15, 2021
What auto detection tool?
Go to the intel web site and download and install the latest integrated adapter driver directly.
If no joy, buy an adapter to connect via dp or hdmi to the dvi port on the monitor. I like dp better.
Here is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Adapter-Display-Converter-Gold-Plated/dp/B01GPMRXL0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1IHH6QBJ4HJVQ&keywords=dp+to+dvi+adapter+cable&qid=1639581223&sprefix=dp+to+dvi+adapter,aps,190&sr=8-1&th=1

Intel has auto-detection and installs latest driver automatically, it is the same version as the latest driver if I search that up, so I don't think that is the issue.
So you suggest that the problem is the VGA, I'll try and get DP/HDMI -> DVI cable and see, thanks.