Intel vs The World

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
***Regarding this "cpu war"***

look folks it's just too simple:

1. Use whatever the F@*K YOU want to use!
2. Let others use whatever the F@*k THEY want to use!

It can't get anymore simple than this. for those who don't understand this simple concept then flame on.

G

I would like to add leave the war to the people who make the money from it......(but why Intel v World and not everyman for himself.....:) )

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

G

Yup, that's pretty fair. Regardless of what crusades people may lead against Intel or AMD the market has a way of taking care of itself. If Intel starts producing bad products, then people will begin to buy more AMD's and vice versa. An example: the i820 chipset was horrible. The i840 was marginally a failure or success (borderline). The i815 was good, but hardly an improvement on the 440BX. Really I'd still rather have a 440BX than an i815 (I just trust it more). Now AMD's old chips (K6 and before) were, in my opinion, bad chips. The K7 series is doing rather well for itself and has potential. The VIA KX133 was not, in my opinion, a good chipset. The KT133 was/is considerably better. Because Intel goofed, AMD was able to gain some market and now we have two competing companies and we can all benefit from their attempts to outdo each other.

Charles

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
But what about 3. ???
3. If you have no clue about something DON'T write b/s !!

All i can offer you is the truth. Nothing more.

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
4. Your an idiot.

People on here give advice as to which processor they believe is best. I have recommended intel processors on many occasions, for servers especially. Yes the war of Intel vs the World is huge, but i think the world will win eventually, with AMD on the top. They just produce a better product for less. thats what marketing is all about.

--SR