News Intel Will Likely Recycle Coffee Lake iGPU for 10th Gen Comet Lake CPUs

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Uh, is this a surprise? Seems logical, and has never once been said it was going to be anything OTHER than the Gen9.5 iGPU.

Just to clarify - Ice Lake - has Gen10 iGPU
Tiger Lake - Gen11/Xe iGPU
Rocket Lake - 14nm Tiger Lake derived CPU and ... Gen11/XE at 10nm.

I also hear that the iGPU is all non APU Ryzen chips are non existent.

Reactions: cyrusfox

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
not clear what that last "APU Ryzen" statement is about...
on the Rocket Lake... I haven't seen anything to indicate its gen11 gpu will be a 10nm chiplet. I have seen several speculations that it is a backport from 10nm, as is its Willow Cove core.

In general, I think their plan has been to use as much of their 14nm capacity as they can, since they still don't have a huge 10nm capacity.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I don't think Intel have any die space to spare right now to bump up the GPU since they are using pretty much the same Sky Lake/ Kaby Lake/ Coffee Lake CPU. So there is nothing surprising about it. If there is anything new there, they will be drumming the feature the loudest.

The integrated GPU is fine for those that are not going really going to game, beyond FreeCell or Solitaire. ( I actually did play an hour of both BF1 and Doom using solely the integrated graphics solution of the 7700K, while awaiting my GPU to arrive about 3 years ago. It was not impressive, but, I did play, albeit at 720P/low details.

TRENDING THREADS