[SOLVED] Intel xeon x545

lokibaelish

Reputable
Jul 15, 2018
Hi all. My pc broke, got stuck in a start up repair cycle. It turned out to be the hardrive. Its been fixed today but during the fix we realised all the USB port have stopped working. I've decided just to get a new case and a new motherboard. But the processor I currently have is a Intel xeon x5450. I can't work out what motherboard is suitable? Can anyone suggest a motherboard and a case? I'm looking for cheap. It also needs to be able to fit a zotac gtx750 ti 2gb graphics card. Any help would be great. Thanks - also the pc run fast enough for me but if you think I should scrap the processor I'll take suggestions on that too

Solution
Uk and about £200 for a mobo and tower providing and can just use the rest of my hardware with it
If you could find in the used market online, find these:

CPU: Xeon E3 1230 v3 (try this link)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B85 or B85M (any kind, try this link)
Ram: buy 2 sticks of 8GB DDR3 any kind (prefer 1600mhz or PC12800, try this link)

And for the new parts:
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx 400s (try this link)
Case: Corsair 275R (try this link)

rather than reusing the cpu, and said the budget you already mention, all the suggestions and links i gave, would be very much a performance uplift and more power efficient. I could say this as an i7 4770 upgrade with much much lesser price :D

Good luck on...
Uk and about £200 for a mobo and tower providing and can just use the rest of my hardware with it
If you could find in the used market online, find these:

CPU: Xeon E3 1230 v3 (try this link)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B85 or B85M (any kind, try this link)
Ram: buy 2 sticks of 8GB DDR3 any kind (prefer 1600mhz or PC12800, try this link)

And for the new parts:
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx 400s (try this link)
Case: Corsair 275R (try this link)

rather than reusing the cpu, and said the budget you already mention, all the suggestions and links i gave, would be very much a performance uplift and more power efficient. I could say this as an i7 4770 upgrade with much much lesser price :D

Good luck on getting the item if the link still worked :D

Last edited:
Solution