Intel's Got a Special Event Planned for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
They could go ahead and release their new technology, but I bet it'll be more expensive then it's worth (at least in my opinion most of the time).

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]Wow this is life changing information.[/citation]
still under NDA / embargo, however, they will be more $$/GB than Gen2 drives. Still worth getting one, as I will put my old Gen2 into my PS3.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed DX who cares if a company that locks everything down and hates Open Source comes out with a new technology before everyone else because they paid money to have rights to it first on the market so they can line their pockets with more money.

Especially during such hard times money wise for everyone who isn't the top 1% in the world with all the money lol.

G

i guess they realized you cant call something lightpeak if it don't use light....

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]LightNotIncluded[/nom]i guess they realized you cant call something lightpeak if it don't use light....[/citation]
Just like you can't call something Gingerbread unless it uses gingerbread? Riiight.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]LightNotIncluded[/nom]i guess they realized you cant call something lightpeak if it don't use light....[/citation]
And LightPeak doesn't? I think you'll find that LightPeak is a fibre optic based connection which does indeed use light frequencies for it's bandwidth, which by the way is the basis for quantum computing.

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]wildcatherder[/nom]So, you're saying there's no story today but there will be a story tomorrow?[/citation]
HAHA, good one...

Additionally, and unrelated, Shouldn't something called Light Peak be coupled with something called Lightning Bolt not Thunder Bolt? Thunder is sound, lightning is light...

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]RobinPanties[/nom]HAHA, good one...Additionally, and unrelated, Shouldn't something called Light Peak be coupled with something called Lightning Bolt not Thunder Bolt? Thunder is sound, lightning is light...[/citation]
Actually it is a term that means the same thing. Thunder Clap refers to the noise... Thunder Bolt refers to the bolt of lightning...

G

@schizofrog
the beta version of lightpeak (aka the one in the MBP) will probably not use light, but instead use a copper based connection (maybe thats why they called it thunderbolt instead....)

@burnley14
i guess you missed the point that lightpeak was suppose to actually use light......

tomus

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
The only event Intel needs to focus on is when it's 2nd generation chipset for the p67 mobo's come out.

Put Up or SHUT UP Intel.

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
*crosses fingers* I hope it is lightpeak, I am waiting to upgrade, and will not bite the bullet until lightpeak is available. This is going to be a huge game-changer for the AV industry!

edilee

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
When Intel and Apple get together you can bet some credit card limits will be reached, houses refinanced, children sold, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.