Intense lag with radeon 4670

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shevchenko135

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Hello,
A year and a half ago I purchased an HP Pavilion P6340f, being that it had an integrated graphics card I decided to make a little upgrade and purchased the 4670 just incase I had a little gaming craving. I am not much of a gamer and do not as for alot but when I try running some games at modest to low settings,at points of certain intensity in the games it lags up and stays that way unless i quit the game. Counter-strike source I can run 1080p full quality and it runs beautifully, but ive recently played Mafia II and it went insane in a little gun battle, The same with Star Wars force unleashed a few months back, and also in warhammer dawn of war II, all 3 of those being at 1280 x 720 and low settings. unacceptable!

The machine runs with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 / 2.66 GHz, quad core technology, and 8 gigs of ddr3 sdram so I really do not understand why these specs along with the card do not run games smoothly even at lower graphics settings. When it comes to movies or anything else my computer runs like a champ, so it really irritates me to not be able to have a little fun on it!

I read someone saying that they found out somewhere it had something to do with the high def audio driver interfering with the card somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!