[SOLVED] intermittent black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2020
So i just built a new PC. Everything is going well besides a black screen for 2 seconds while im playing a game. it happens every few hours, not often. But it still irritates me.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x

MSI RTX 2060

27” alienware 240 hz monitor

and a brand new display port cable so theres no way thats the problem. Its secured in there too.

Anybody else have this problem?

Solution
My PC ASUS MB with a EVGA 1050Ti was doing that when it was being O/C too long. When I went back to default settings(no O/C) I no longer have the black screen.
May 15, 2020
My PC ASUS MB with a EVGA 1050Ti was doing that when it was being O/C too long. When I went back to default settings(no O/C) I no longer have the black screen.

this might be a stupid question but what does O/C mean? lol. it might be a fix, i’ll try it out if i find out what that means lol. im guessing overclocked but mine isnt overclocked

May 17, 2020
I went into the NVIDIA Control panel and turned off all the "automatic" selections and picked all the NVIDIA Vs CPU decisions. I also slowed down the refresh to 30 HZ

I have a Gigabyte Z270x-gaming K7 MB, Gigabyte 1650 super GPU, 4K monitor, 32GB ram, SSHD, 750 PS, I7

Seems to have stopped the black hole for 2 second problem.

Lorenzo Ponziani

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
I found out through trial and error that it was a version of a Nvidia driver that my GPU didn't like.
I'm presently using version 27.21.14.5206 and have not had this problem anymore.
No more driver updates for this GPU.
If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.