[SOLVED] intermittent BSODs since 9/7/2021, Windows 11,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyMata

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
hey, i've been getting bsod's on windows 11 (so green screens) and even though i am a techy and pretty good at troubleshooting this set seems to be beyond me.

here's my BlueScreenView report AND Minidumps
any help at all would be hugely appreciated, and I'm willing to answer any questions anyone may have.

Update 1: did a repair install of windows 11, and a clear cmos, happened again, once at 11:29pm, and once again at 3:03 am , updated the drive with new folder and dump in it.
Update2: so i ran memtest86 overnight again just to make sure that in the short time between the two nothing's happened, and i've got another full pass, 0 errors, on any of the 48 tests, updated the drive with the HTML results

Last edited:
Solution
hey, i've been getting bsod's on windows 11 (so green screens) and even though i am a techy and pretty good at troubleshooting this set seems to be beyond me.

any help at all would be hugely appreciated, and I'm willing to answer any questions anyone may have.
To eliminate possibility of hardware configuration, simply do a CMOS reset and run in full on defaults to see if it continues.

If it does it's probably Windows corruption. Rather than run through hours....or days...of windows troubleshooting, just do a repair install with in place upgrade. It retains all installed apps settings and passwords...

To eliminate possibility of hardware configuration, simply do a CMOS reset and run in full on defaults to see if it continues.

If it does it's probably Windows corruption. Rather than run through hours....or days...of windows troubleshooting, just do a repair install with in place upgrade. It retains all installed apps settings and passwords.:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Solution

TobyMata

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019

If it does it's probably Windows corruption. Rather than run through hours....or days...of windows troubleshooting, just do a repair install with in place upgrade. It retains all installed apps settings and passwords.:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

ok done, i'll keep an eye on things, if it's stopped for about a week or so i'll change to solved, if not i'll provide the new minidump.

TobyMata

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
repair install of win 10 on win 11, that should be.... interesting. Not sure I would do it with a win 10 iso, and making a win 11 one is complicated.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps
lol, i assume they typed win10 was out of habit, i did a repair install of windows 11, thank you so much, if you find anything lemme know!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is there a media creation tool for Win11?
Only if you are on insiders I think.

It will exist some stage after Oct 5.

MS will know all enthusiasts will download and use it to create installer and install it long before its offered over Windows Update to them, so I wonder if they try to restrict it to help servers. As that can only be reason the TPM requirements for updates via Web are different to those via ISO. If only PC with tpm 2 can get it via windows update, it lets them restrict the hit of 100 million Win 10 users all trying to update on 1st day.

I have to decide when to drop off insiders. Sometime in next 10 days, no rush.

I better not go off topic :)

Only if you are on insiders I think.

It will exist some stage after Oct 5.

MS will know all enthusiasts will download and use it to create installer and install it long before its offered over Windows Update to them, so I wonder if they try to restrict it to help servers. As that can only be reason the TPM requirements for updates via Web are different to those via ISO. If only PC with tpm 2 can get it via windows update, it lets them restrict the hit of 100 million Win 10 users all trying to update on 1st day.

I have to decide when to drop off insiders. Sometime in next 10 days, no rush.
I'm pretty sure I'll wait a few weeks at least before taking the plunge. Don't want problems like OP's having to eat up my time, especially before sites like tenforums.com (elevenforums.com??) have had a chance to build up a strong list of tips and tutorials.

Colif

Win 11 Master

unless release build is dramatically different to the insiders, i don't know if it will be the case. We all calling it win 10 SP1. Its so similar
People say I am not ideal person to say things like this as nothing ever happens to me but: I been using 11 since Aug 8 and its so similar to 10 I have to think about whats different. There are some but they don't change anything I do on a daily basis. Most are features I don't use.

We see what dumps show, its probably just an old driver. I don't think 11 is that different to 10, debugger still sees it as 10.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/gynu672z/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:091621-14796-01.dmp (Sep 16 2021 - 06:12:57)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File information:091621-12312-01.dmp (Sep 16 2021 - 09:27:42)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:091121-11625-01.dmp (Sep 11 2021 - 10:34:35)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:091021-92171-01.dmp (Sep 10 2021 - 20:52:56)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:090721-54828-01.dmp (Sep 7 2021 - 15:09:29)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-rev-1x#kf
If you have Revision 1.0 of the motherboard, there is a minor BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
How long you been mixing ram? What are the other sticks apart from G Skill? I can't find anything on their codes - V01D4LF8GB5285282400

try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

I can't tell what cause is as none are being nice and showing driver names (this is normal). I can't even tell by looking at victims.
So I just look at old drivers and suggest updates
Download Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under Windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

TobyMata

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
How long you been mixing ram? What are the other sticks apart from G Skill? I can't find anything on their codes - V01D4LF8GB5285282400

try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

I can't tell what cause is as none are being nice and showing driver names (this is normal). I can't even tell by looking at victims.
So I just look at old drivers and suggest updates
Download Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under Windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

sorry, i've had this ram since i built the pc years ago, i originally built this pc in 2016 or 2017, never overclicked or even upped the clocks to the rated speeds, because i knew it was risky running mixed ram (2 types) , they've never been an issue before and i've run a mem test 86 and got the all clear just recently,

and sadly i don't actually remember the brand, but they're some sticks that i bought from Canada Computers when I built the machine,

it's funny cause they've actually been the only original part in my pc to still be living and in good health from the original build, given that they're probably the sketchiest part of my build,

anyway i downloaded the realtek ethernet controller like you asked and installed it.

the sicks are 2 'GB Micro 8GB ddr4 2400' memory, nothing special.

Last edited:

TobyMata

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019

Update 1: did a repair install of windows 11, and a clear comos, happened again, once at 11:29pm, and once again at 3:03 am , updated the drive with new folder and dump in it.
Update2: so i ran memtest86 overnight again just to make sure that in the short time between the two nothing's happened, and i've got another full pass, 0 errors, on any of the 48 tests, updated the drive with the HTML results
i can't seem to figure out how to edit my post, but I've FINALLY figured it out,

so i ran a memtest86 originally and came up with 0 errors, but after running a FEW lately i found that memtest86 won't always trigger errors, and after a few runnings of my ram lately, after having a gut feeling i learned that 2 of my 4 dimms were reporting 16ish errors each, and surprisingly it was the G.Skill ones, either way, i picked up some vengeance LPX sticks, 32 gigs at 3200mhz (4x8gigs, replacing ALL MY RAM) and all my issues have disappeared (so far), as I've done my usual tests and let the pc run on idle for more than 14 hours and not a single BSOD, it was a memory failing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.