Question Internal HDD can't be found, cannot be read as external

Joshtp

Honorable
May 24, 2014
My internal storage drive suddenly stopped working one day, I've tried researching through many forums but haven't found any solutions.. so I was hoping someone could try and troubleshoot with my issues directly.
I've currently got it showing up as an external drive, however cannot access it. Through the properties of the drive (right-click -> properties) I can see the description

"Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2115&Rev_0\02200724C609&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match."

So far that is what I've been trying to troubleshoot my self, unsuccessfully.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to lose the data I have on there.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My internal storage drive suddenly stopped working one day, I've tried researching through many forums but haven't found any solutions.. so I was hoping someone could try and troubleshoot with my issues directly.
I've currently got it showing up as an external drive, however cannot access it. Through the properties of the drive (right-click -> properties) I can see the description

"Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2115&Rev_0\02200724C609&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match."

So far that is what I've been trying to troubleshoot my self, unsuccessfully.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to lose the data I have on there.

Can software such as Recuva read it at all? This sounds like a failing hard drive and if software solutions don't work, then it becomes a question of how much your data is worth to you; a proper data recovery lab can put you into four figures depending on the difficulty of the recovery. Unfortunately, the only good time to save data is before you lose it, by having a robust backup regimen.

Joshtp

Honorable
May 24, 2014
Can software such as Recuva read it at all? This sounds like a failing hard drive and if software solutions don't work, then it becomes a question of how much your data is worth to you; a proper data recovery lab can put you into four figures depending on the difficulty of the recovery. Unfortunately, the only good time to save data is before you lose it, by having a robust backup regimen.

I don't think Recuva can find the drive, I'm currently trying as a external with an adapter but the only things it is finding are Local Disks, one in particular I don't know what it is;
Local Disk "(\\?\Volume{8044677f...."