[SOLVED] Internet Connected But I can only open some sites

Nov 19, 2018
Our internet started doing this last night. I can connect to it but I can't open some websites such as discord, steam, Facebook and twitch. This is the message I get when I try to open the sites: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. It's happening on all the devices that are connected to our home internet. When I switch to mobile data the websites load fine. The lights on our router say its working as it should be. I've tried restarting the router multiple times now but no difference and there is no recorded outages in our area.

Solution
It is strange it is on multiple devices this eliminates many of the common causes like date/time being wrong. This is especially true if things like your phones are also doing this when connected via wifi.

On one of your pc try to disable IPv6 and set the DNS in the IPv4 to 8.8.8.8.

This type of error when it isn't the very common ones caused by pc software it is generally some issue in the ISP. Although there might be more info in the event log this messages means it is having trouble talking to valid certificate servers.
It is strange it is on multiple devices this eliminates many of the common causes like date/time being wrong. This is especially true if things like your phones are also doing this when connected via wifi.

On one of your pc try to disable IPv6 and set the DNS in the IPv4 to 8.8.8.8.

This type of error when it isn't the very common ones caused by pc software it is generally some issue in the ISP. Although there might be more info in the event log this messages means it is having trouble talking to valid certificate servers.

Solution

need4speeds

Distinguished
I know it sounds really dumb but i had that issue before. The computer time was wrong in the bios and in windows.
Many programs, games, ect. depend on the computer's clock being set correctly.

(You must set the bios time first because the one in windows works from the bio's time startpoint.) (If you can't get into the bios, setting the clock in windows will work for now, but it's better if you can to have both set correctly together. )