Question Internet connected but no internet

Mar 28, 2020
Hello, so, a friend went to spend his quarentine over on a different house where his father usually does events and stuff, and for some reason, only his father has internet. He and his brothers can connect to it with phones and laptops, but they have the no internet error. His father doesnt have it on both laptop and phone, any fixes?

Ralston18

Titan
"Only his father has internet" is different from "no internet".

It appears that his father may be working from home and that work may or may not involve the use of company equipment and services.

And there are often access restrictions and security limitations in place.

The problems need to be addressed and solved by your friend's father.

Mar 28, 2020
"Only his father has internet" is different from "no internet".

It appears that his father may be working from home and that work may or may not involve the use of company equipment and services.

And there are often access restrictions and security limitations in place.

The problems need to be addressed and solved by your friend's father.
Im not sure if u understood, but what I said is that his father does have internet, but they get the "Connected, no internet" error on their devices. I never said there wasnt internet at all.

Since his father can access, what I thought was that it may have some kind of restriction that someone on the company made. Thats why I asked here, to see if anyone knows if it is possible to change or check that, before he tries factory resetting his router.

Ralston18

Titan
If his father has internet then his father is connected to the router and then to the internet.

So if they are getting "Connected, no internet" then there are other issues. The router may indeed be configured to allow only his father to have internet access.

A router factory reset will not necessarily resolve that.

In fact, a factory reset will return the router to its' default settings and any devices currently on the network may lose connectivity.

Including his father's computer....

Another consequence could be that the network is left open and vulnerable to hacks and virus infections.

Who has full admin rights to the router? That is the person who needs to be involved in order to identify the problem(s) and apply the applicable fixes.

Those fixes may well involve contacting the service provider (ISP) in order for that provider to run tests from their end.

Do not do a reset.

Work with his father to establish internet access. If his father does not want to do that, for whatever reason, then that is an entirely different situation.