Internet Connection Keeps Disconnecting

Ralston18

Titan
Any loose IPS connection cables, internal ethernet cables, or power supply connections?

Are you able to view and inspect any exterior connections coming into your residence?

Any signs of overheating in the cable modem or router? What cable modem are your using? Is it yours or ISP?

Have you contacted your ISP?

My thought is that it is a bad connection local to you. But whether that is on the ISP side or your side is TBD.

MichaelKanRS

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

I live in Japan, so my ISP is NTT East Japan. The cables are all in good condition. It seems that as soon as a number of bytes are used, it disconnects and I have to plug the cable in and out .

Ralston18

Titan
Interesting - that is something new to me.

Some buffering problem perhaps....?

Would think that maybe ISP could be throttling you but 3 to 5 minutes would not be all that much data (bytes) by today's standards. How many bytes....?

Unless you have already hit some limit and now the restrictions kick in.

Do the disconnections happen whenever online or just, for example, when gaming? Are all network devices affected or just your computer?

Do you have access to the router and its logs?

Not sure about other folks here but I need to have more information to work with. Any other circumstances or related factors would be helpful.