Internet disconnects while playing games through Steam(?)

Exile1337

Reputable
May 16, 2014
Okay so basically whenever I play game through Steam, for example Counter-Strike: Global Offensive my internet disconnects after about 10-30 minutes. Then it's dead for about 1 minute and it comes back and it repeats itself. This is extremely frustrating and it literally kills the internet for everyone in the house. I've tried port forwarding all Steam ports on my router but nothing seems to be working. Tried resetting/restarting router numerous of times. Funny thing is this started happening out of the clear blue sky. I can play other games such as World of Warcraft and Hearthstone without getting disconnecting. Anyone has experience of a similar problem?

I'm using a wireless connection with 20mb/s down and 1mb/s up, it's pretty slow but it has worked perfect until now since I've had this problem for a month or two. I've got a NETGEAR DGN2000 router aswell.

BPCD

Honorable
Aug 18, 2014
Have you tried updating your router? I think I recommend that you should update your router to see if the problem has been addressed. Or have you scanned your computer for viruses yet?

Exile1337

Reputable
May 16, 2014

Yupp, I've basically tried everything. It seems that the problem only occurs during online gameplay. I'm currently playing local co-op games with my girlfriend on Steam and it doesn't disconnect now.