Question Gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 5 wifi stuck on bios logo screen after bios update

Jun 22, 2024
Hello,

I tried updating my motherboard BIOS from F60 to F64. Everything went well; the BIOS updated, and the PC restarted. However, when it turned back on, it got stuck on the BIOS logo screen. I am unable to access the BIOS or boot menu; it's just stuck.

I researched the internet and found that other people have had this issue as well. I found one solution on another forum (I'm not sure if I can mention the name), but the solution was to create a bootable USB drive with a program called "Rufus" and add the old BIOS files to it. When you restart your PC, you should get a command prompt (CMD) page where you can instruct your PC to flash the BIOS to the older version. I made a bootable USB drive and restarted my PC, but I still get stuck on the same logo screen and can't do anything.

I saw that you have to remove all the SSDs, HDDs, and M.2 drives to force your PC to boot into the USB, but it still didn't work for me.
If anyone here is familiar with this issue and can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps.

You might want to see if you can source a CH341A BIOS programmer to reflash your BIOS.

Jun 22, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps.

You might want to see if you can source a CH341A BIOS programmer to reflash your BIOS.
If it works, will i be able to boot into the usb drive?
And what is "CH341A"?

P.S: just took out the CMOS battery, pressed the power button for 30 seconds then replaced the battery as you said and i still get stuck in the bios logo screen

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS