Apr 28, 2022
Since Last Year I Like To Stream My Game "Identity V" Using OBS.
But Lately, When I Stream "Identity V" My OBS Bandwidth Always Drops Drastically, My Game Ping Goes Up To 60 - 600 ms And My OBS Bandwidth Drops From 4000 - 5000 kb/s To ±1000 kb/s.
This Problem Only Applies Identity V, Other Games Like Dead By Daylight, Dark Soul Have No Problem.
I've Also Used 3 Different Internet Providers And All Have The Same Problem.

Hardware:
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
-

Streaming Program: OBS

Any Hints Why I'm Getting This Problem?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The next step is to find out what goes on or otherwise changes when you play Identify V.

Boot up as normal, open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor in order to observe system performance. Use both but only one at at time.

Leave the window open so you can observe.

Observe first after boot up but doing nothing else. Then continue to observe while doing light work or browsing. Continue observing while playing other games wherein the internet does not drop. Lastly observe when playing Identify V.

Take your time and be methodical. Remember that you are playing to troubleshoot and not necessarily to win.....

Hopefully you will spot some change that takes place when Identify V is being played and the internet drops occur.

A resource change, the amount of resource (%) changing, and what may be using that resource.

Could be, for example, that Identity V is launching something else in the background that is taking up network or other system resources.

Or Identity V has become buggy and/or corrupted in some manner. Reinstalling and/or reconfiguring Identity V may solve the problem.

= = = =

Lastly: make and model router (or modem/router if combined)?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue regarding the internet drops.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.