Question Internet Dropping often

May 7, 2021
My internet has been mostly fine up until a couple months ago. My VDSL line would drop randomly every so often, I would get lag spikes, disconnections (a couple times an hour). My DSL line doesn’t seem to stay up for more than a few hours. I talked to my ISP and they told me that the problem is on my end (my router). I also talked to my router warranty but they said the problem is with the ISP. I have a TPLink Archer VR600. Since then I have moved an ISP which means the problem isn’t them, and could only mean it’s the router or the network infrastructure. Additionally I keep on getting packet errors on my router.
My router details are:
DSL up time: 15 minutes
VDSL2
Current Rate: UPSTREAM-5760 DOWNSTREAM-66814
Max Rate: UPSTREAM-23300 DOWNSTREAM-67036
SNR MARGIN: UPSTREAM-21.8 DOWNSTREAM-8.1
Line Attenuation: UPSTREAM-18.7 DOWNSTREAM-12.3
ERRORS (pkts): UPSTREAM-285 DOWNSTREAM-446932

kanewolf

Titan
My internet has been mostly fine up until a couple months ago. My VDSL line would drop randomly every so often, I would get lag spikes, disconnections (a couple times an hour). My DSL line doesn’t seem to stay up for more than a few hours. I talked to my ISP and they told me that the problem is on my end (my router). I also talked to my router warranty but they said the problem is with the ISP. I have a TPLink Archer VR600. Since then I have moved an ISP which means the problem isn’t them, and could only mean it’s the router or the network infrastructure. Additionally I keep on getting packet errors on my router.
My router details are:
DSL up time: 15 minutes
VDSL2
Current Rate: UPSTREAM-5760 DOWNSTREAM-66814
Max Rate: UPSTREAM-23300 DOWNSTREAM-67036
SNR MARGIN: UPSTREAM-21.8 DOWNSTREAM-8.1
Line Attenuation: UPSTREAM-18.7 DOWNSTREAM-12.3
ERRORS (pkts): UPSTREAM-285 DOWNSTREAM-446932
The other possibility is the in-house wiring going from the outside point-of-presence to the modem/router is bad. You can run a wire across the floor and bypass the in-house wiring to test that.

May 7, 2021
I currently have a phone line connected to the same line in a different room. Could that be causing interference? the phone currently doesn't have a dsl Filter, would that help? also, the router I have is connected to a filter alone, should I keep the filter there?

Aug 7, 2021
I had a similar issue with my TPLink Archer VR600 modem/ router.

In my situation, I would lose Internet connectivity every couple of days and would be forced to power off / on the Router.

When I had a closer look when the internet dropped, I could see that I lost my 5Ghz Wifi SSID at the same time.
All of the lights on the Router were up for both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands

The logs on the Router pointed to a DHCP issue

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/103266

So I had a look at my hardware / firmware ( which was old ) 2019

Resolution: I had to manually update my Modem / Routers firmware which fixed the issue.

Perhaps it might help with your situation.

Steps to check your TPLinks Hardware / Firmware

Open a web browser and navigate to the TPLink's default gateway ip address
Normally it's something like 192.168.1.1
then enter your admin password

On the main page at the bottom, you should see your Routers Firmware / Hardware, something like this ( Mine is old Build 190123 = 23/01/2019 )

Firmware Version:0.2.0 0.9.1 v007e.0 Build 190123 Rel.58101n Hardware Version:Archer VR600 v2 00000000

Have a look at this url

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-vr600/#Firmware

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200628/Archer_VR600(AU)V2_200624.zip

This link below, shows you how to manually update your Firmware.

Final note: When the Router got to 100% after the firmware update it advised that it was rebooting ( sat like that for 4 minutes ), so I had to manually power off /on the Router.
Once it came back up I logged in to the main page and checked that the firmware was up to date which it was,
Firmware Version:0.4.0 0.9.1 v007e.0 Build 200624 Beta.68588n

I also checked my Routers settings which were all correct, intact.

Hopefully this may help someone out there with a a similar issue with the TPLink Archer VR600 Modem / Router.