[SOLVED] Internet drops over wifi and wired

Nov 10, 2019
i am having very intermittent internet issues. I have a century link dsl modem that has 2 bonded 20 mb lines (i should be getting about 36 down and 2 up).
I have all of the wireless turned off on the century link modem. I am using a tplink Omada cloud controller with 2 of the tplink AP's.
Ever since they installed the bonded internet lines (I used to have a single 20mb) I have had intermittent internet drop out. When i have this issue and run speedtest, i get the following results: 613 ping, 4,616.80 mbps then error. It is always different amounts but they are crazy like these are.
I am able to get to the modem and tplink items just fine (wireless and wired) when there is no internet.
I have checked all of my ip addresses and nothing is overlapping (that i can see).
I have had centurylink ship me a new modem and the exact same issue.
thoughts?
Thank you

Solution
Download PingPlotter: https://www.pingplotter.com/download/windows

Run it and try a bunch of websites to see what the ping(latency) is in milliseconds from each part of your connections from your router to your modem to the local network to the main web etc..... That will tell you if the latency is coming from any of your equipment, the router or the modem, or a problem with your ISP.
Nov 10, 2019
Ok so i have finally had an opportunity to test this out when the internet dropped.
Here is what i found out:
Running ping plotter to my router IP = very low ping rates (under 3ms).
Running ping plotter to google = very high ping rates (above 140ms).
Logged into my centurylink router and ran the ping test and received similar results.

From the system log in the router it looks like it is loosing connection throughout the day. This error is showing up frequently (Line 0: xDSL link down). But it doest always show up at the same time my internet drops?

Could this be a wiring issue? This all started when we went from a single 20mb connection to a bonded line so we could get 40mb.

thanks