Status
Not open for further replies.
G

For those of you who don't want to figure it out,

V E A N T I = Native

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Too little too late. Sorry Microsoft, but Firefox won this battle already. Give it up already, nobody with any common sense uses IE any more.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Too little too late. Sorry Microsoft, but Firefox won this battle already. Give it up already, nobody with any common sense uses IE any more.[/citation]

This "battle" has been going on for longer than Firefox existed, and it's definitely not over yet.

ares1214

Splendid
Sheesh, M$ anti-fanboyism...if its better than the rest, or close to better than the rest with features i like, ill use it, if it isnt, i wont, that simple. No need to not even give it a chance or give it no hope, even though i will guess it wont be quite enough.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Too little too late. Sorry Microsoft, but Firefox won this battle already. Give it up already, nobody with any common sense uses IE any more.[/citation]
uhh... what?

doesn't IE have like 70% of the market share? battle is long from over, my friend.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I use IE only for the incompatible web. You find these sites at banks, universities, etc. Not too many of these sites out there, but they exist, written for IE...

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I don't know about you guys but just thinking about using IE makes me twitch, no matter how good it may be. Firefox ftw.

It may be decent. A new java scipt engine, a new layout engine, HTML5 support, and hardware accelarated graphics. I will give it a shot when it is out of beta. Wait and see but im not ready to pronounce it dead yet.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
It would be cool if they removed the address bar. Then make it temporarily accessible by hitting a button like Middle Click. The input comes up where the mouse is and you type in, hit enter, the input disappears, and it either goes to the address or searches.

Vilepickle

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
They REALLY need another IE? We're still developing sites for IE6. Here's an idea: phase out your old browsers and force upgrades MS.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]uhh... what?doesn't IE have like 70% of the market share? battle is long from over, my friend.[/citation]

i agree...most of the web is coded for IE

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Vilepickle[/nom]They REALLY need another IE? We're still developing sites for IE6. Here's an idea: phase out your old browsers and force upgrades MS.[/citation]

Didn't they kill IE6 awhile ago?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i agree...most of the web is coded for IE[/citation]

Yep, you are right. But, most computer users are not like us and never get passed IE because they have no need to. And yes, most sites are coded for IE in general. But with things like the Acid3 test, and HTML5, things are going to get interesting with browsers in the next couple of years. Can't wait for things in store :)

G

Vilepickle, in case you didn't realize it, but technically IE6 has already been phased out for the most part. Only users with XP are still by default running IE6. Vista out of the box had IE7, and Windows 7 out of the box has IE8.

Status
Not open for further replies.