Internet Explorer Lives On In Windows 10, Microsoft Shopping Brand Names For 'Project Spartan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Y'know, all their problems would be solved if they'd just build a damn decent browser for once.
IE11 actually works quite well. It also has compatibility modes with older IE rendering engines which is handy for old businessware that costs too much to update.

Eh, honestly, I think Spartan is a pretty fair name already.
It's just like Metro was a pretty legit interface name.
They were sued and basically forced to change the name Metro. Otherwise I agree, Spartan is great. But I play games so I may be biased.

Well known franchise, and frankly, the unique Microsoft pedigree makes perfect sense.
If I were marketing, I wouldn't have picked anything BUT Cortona. As for Spartan, a good catch-all - non-gamers will think it's based off 300, which is pretty badass, and gamers will know it for the saviour of humanity.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Just keep calling it Internet Explorer; there's no point in changing the brand IMO. Either that or commit to Spartan and skin the UI to look like the inside of Master Chief's helmet.

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
9 and up are great. The user is and always was the problem, its your own god damn fault if you cant read and agree to install a bunch of toolbars and junk. I had to stop using chrome because it was too buggy.

I hear that a lot, but I've never had any issues with bugs or crashing. My only annoyance is the abysmal hidpi support and the fact it runs mobile processors extremely hot.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Not sure. IE has been ranked the most secure for years now, also the fastest and ranked just as high as the others on HTML5 tests. All the negativity is from old tech dorks that compare a newly released Chrome browser to IE6 or whatever. Anyone that develops web sites knows that ALL the modern browsers are essentially the same.

Who wants Chrome and Google? You practically have to log in just to browse the web, they track everything, the browser has no options, so minimal that it's useless.... blech!

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
IE is probably sticking around because there are backend components in the OS that rely on it. They don't have a long enough development cycle to change it and 3rd party business apps will be useless if they did.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Not sure. IE has been ranked the most secure for years now, also the fastest and ranked just as high as the others on HTML5 tests.
I highly doubt that, what with Microsoft building NSA backdoors into everything.

Who wants Chrome and Google? You practically have to log in just to browse the web, they track everything, the browser has no options, so minimal that it's useless.... blech!
I completely agree with this.

ilter

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

Today all building has NSA backdoors. Google , Apple , Microsoft . Safe only blackphone products.

Status
Not open for further replies.