Internet Explorer stopped responding with installation of ..

I've installed a Linksys wireless G router (WRT54G) and matching notebook
adapters (WPC54G v2) in my two laptops--a Dell and a Toshiba, both running
Windows XP Home. The Dell works great. On the Toshiba, Internet Explorer will
run only randomly. Sometimes it works, mostly, it doesn't. When you click on
the icon to start, it begins loading, then stops. Pulling up Task Manager
indicates that it has "Stopped Responding." Linksys suggests that it is an
IRQ conflict but doesn't know how to solve it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds more like a problem with Internet Explorer if it sometimes works and
sometimes doesn't. Windows XP "stacks" IRQ functions, just like Windows
2000 did, and there are very, very rarely any issues with IRQ conflicts at
all. I would suggest you post your issues to an Internet Explorer
newsgroup, and perhaps do yourself a favor and check that computer for
parasites or hijacking by following the information here:
www.aumha.org/secure.htm.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC