Question Internet goes out randomly every few minutes for 5-10 seconds

gabriel05mortimer

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
Hey,
I use a Fritz! home mesh system, and as my router I have the FRITZ!Box 7530 AX, and my repeater that I have plugged in my room is a FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E.
The title is pretty self explanatory: for the past few days, the internet on my PC goes out for 5 or 10 seconds every 10 to 20 minutes; this usually wouldn't be a problem, but I use services that rely on a constant connection to the internet to work properly, such as Discord, Network monitoring or live-service games.

When I check my admin panel, it seems like my PC's packages get randomly transferred from my repeater to my router, and when it goes through the router, it gets labelled as "other" instead of "LAN". I think this is what might be causing it, but I have no idea how to fix this.

Any ideas? Anything at all would be appreciated because I'm really lost here.

So you have your pc plugged into the 1750 via ethernet and the 1750 connects to the main router via wifi ?

Not sure why you would do this rather than just use a wifi card in your pc.

It is likely the repeater is not getting a good enough signal from the main router. Try to move it close to the main router and use a longer ethernet cable to your pc.

So you have your pc plugged into the 1750 via ethernet and the 1750 connects to the main router via wifi ?

I did this when I lived in my apartment. I could take advantage of the 4x4 wifi radio to get better bandwidth. The repeater also has better radio circuitry for a more optimal noise floor and signal levels. I also had other things on my desk like a NAS and xbox that connected to it as well. Using a router as a client is better than an internal card.

Also, I have a tempered glass pc case and made my build super clean. Looks awesome and a wifi card would ruin the look.

As for the OP, the ethernet port chipset might be going bad on your pc or wifi repeater. Typical symptom is your disconnects will become far more frequent over time, and eventually won't be able to connect again.

gabriel05mortimer

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

It is likely the repeater is not getting a good enough signal from the main router. Try to move it close to the main router and use a longer ethernet cable to your pc.
My router is downstairs and my PC is upstairs, WiFi quality is quite horrible so hence the 1750.
I don't have money to spend on a good wifi card, and my repeater has been getting good signal from the router for the past 2 years.

gabriel05mortimer

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
I did this when I lived in my apartment. I could take advantage of the 4x4 wifi radio to get better bandwidth. The repeater also has better radio circuitry for a more optimal noise floor and signal levels. I also had other things on my desk like a NAS and xbox that connected to it as well. Using a router as a client is better than an internal card.

Also, I have a tempered glass pc case and made my build super clean. Looks awesome and a wifi card would ruin the look.

As for the OP, the ethernet port chipset might be going bad on your pc or wifi repeater. Typical symptom is your disconnects will become far more frequent over time, and eventually won't be able to connect again.
While this might be very possible, I noticed the issue started only when I upgraded from an old 4000 style router to the 7530, so that's the biggest suspect for why this might be happening; issue is that I have no idea how I could fix this.